Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dont Laugh or Ill send the X  round !  (Read 1547 times)

Snapper

• Essex
  • VED sucks,Gatso sucks, Dick Turpin is  a tax man
    • View Profile
Dont Laugh or Ill send the X  round !
« on: 19 October 2007, 13:04:12 »

Changed the battery in my Omega V6   Radio came up code and I entered the code fine.  Then the CD was acting the ar$e so I switched off and on using the darn same proceedure as Radio code entry with the CD code !   Now the pigging thing is showing   "7 SAFE" on radio and just safe on CDwhen I switch on with the CD button pressed.   I have left the unit on with ignitipon on for several hours and nothing changes !      SHould I take off the battery again and then wait a while to let it rest and then try again ?

HELP !!  

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Dont Laugh or Ill send the X  round !
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2007, 22:45:43 »

Redo radio, using the method you did first time - this should get radio working.

To do CD, press and hold 0 and turn on radio, enter CD code, then press and hold 0 to take it.

If you have had your 10 attempts, bin it and buy a new one.
Grumpy old man

Snapper

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2007, 01:29:44 »

Hi The Boy   thanks for the suggestion .... however I have tried switching the set on to redo the radio by pressing the autostore button while switching on  and it illuminates the display  with "  7 SAFE"   this I presume means it is in delay mode and I have 7 attempts left . I have left the radio on for over 3 hours waiting for it to show   7   - - - -  so that I can re enter the code but it remains " 7 SAFE " all the time .

Snapper

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2007, 19:20:01 »

OK after speaking to Vauxhall I managed to get past the problem I had quite simply.

For anyone having a similar problem or chaiging their battery this winter, the route to success it seems is to have the ingnition on ,in the second position ( warning lights illuminated), during the waiting period.

I had put the ignition on and waited 3 hours for the set to come out of SAFE..... but it needs to be in the second position !

Simple really .... when you are told !

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2007, 21:34:34 »

OK after speaking to Vauxhall I managed to get past the problem I had quite simply.

For anyone having a similar problem or chaiging their battery this winter, the route to success it seems is to have the ingnition on ,in the second position ( warning lights illuminated), during the waiting period.

I had put the ignition on and waited 3 hours for the set to come out of SAFE..... but it needs to be in the second position !

Simple really .... when you are told !
Yes, the ign needs to be on!
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.