Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:30:18 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Marks DTM Calib
It took weeks for all the soot stains to disappear from my hands after that!

on: Today at 09:25:29 
Started by Andy B - Last post by Marks DTM Calib
There's an environmental argument against such low speeds as vehicles simply aren't designed to travel so slowly... Not to mention the fact that localised pollution is increased by virtue of traffic build up.

Lundun being a case in point as localised pollution increases in direct proportion to each drop in traffic speed/flow.

Yet, some motorways have displayed the Matrix boards to reduce the speed limit to 60mph to 'improve air quality' (supposedly)...the M1 near Sheffield being one  ???
That's just ended because......work this one out.....air quality has improved. Now, has it improved because of the speed reduction, in which case why increase it again? Or is it just magic?
Or was it because all the traffic took a different route because that one was too slow? >:D
It was 60mph instead of 70 between two junctions on the M1 at Tinsley.

Or was it because there are less of the pre Euro 4 emissions vehicles about now rather than the speed.........(including lorries)

on: Today at 09:17:02 
Started by Varche - Last post by countrywoman
one speed wonders, everywhere at 38mph

on: Today at 08:34:17 
Started by Avrowcarman - Last post by Mr Skrunts
Hi, welcome to the forum.  :y

on: Today at 08:32:13 
Started by Varche - Last post by TheBoy
Looks like Thursday is old farts driving day out, for effs sake 35 in a 60 on a clear road. Then the road ruiners have filled a layby with gravel to wreck some side roads (same ones they ruined last year by the look of it) and have temp traffic lights so they can load wagons. 20mph and loose gravel signs on the main road so of course the old farts are slowing down even though the side roads have not been tared.
Round these parts, it used to be everyone drove 15mph below the speed limit* so when all the limits got lowered to 50mph, everywhere was 35mph, with not too many overtaking opportunities.  Now its started to creep to 20mph under the limit, making overtaking potentially easier.

*Except when they get to 30mph villages, when they speed up.

on: Today at 08:29:01 
Started by Andy B - Last post by TheBoy
well ..... that was money well spent on 20mph roads in Welsh Wales ..... apparently now under review

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw945l3zy91o

One of the 2? Pilot towns was the town 2 miles from me...
Feedback nearly all bad (exceptions of schools / housing estates etc)

I'd love to know what lessons were learned from the feedback.....I'd suggest none, so why pilot in the first place.
Sounds just like the LTNs in that shithole formally known as Oxford. Even the survey after the initial wide scale trial for 6 months came back as they were causing more issues than they solved, the council decided to keep them, and then extend the scheme further.

Now it seems the council can't see why all the shops are closing, and businesses are moving out, and acting like its a surprise.

on: Today at 08:25:30 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by TheBoy
I find them a pain to work on as you have to remove the skuttle  ;D
And there was me thinking you loved working on Zafiras....

//TB recalls when DTM mutters to me "I hate your bloody car" ;D

on: Today at 08:24:17 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by TheBoy
Had a Kia K5 for a day...

Meh.
I had some crappy small van yesterday, Vauxhall maybe?, that I had to tolerate a repeated limp mode, and it was giving me a countdown before it would stop starting due to an emission fault.

Enterprise really make my life a bloody misery ;D

on: Today at 08:19:16 
Started by jimjimanta - Last post by TheBoy
A 1998 omega should have the clear, MFL headlight lenses, which if they have gone cloudy, can be polished back with wet and dry, or one of those 3M headlight polishing kits that fit in a drill (which makes it easy).

OSRAM Nightbreakers or Phillips Vision Plus are good, decent halogen bulbs.

Worth cleaning up the area where the 0V is attached to the chassis, as if that is a bit corroded, it will impact the lights.

on: Today at 08:15:08 
Started by Avrowcarman - Last post by TheBoy
The auto gearboxes are weak on the earlier 2.5TD engines - they foolishly fitted the AR25 gearbox instead of the stronger AR35.  Fortunately, you can fit an AR35 from a 3.0 or 3.2 petrol to the 2.5TD, but you have to swap over the torque convertor and bell housing.  Or convert it to a manual, which is much better suited to that engine TBH.  If yours is the later 2.5TDI 24v common rail one, that came with a much stronger 5 speed auto.

Other than that, it'll be corrosion as mentioned.

Good luck!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.