Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Had a call from EDF yesterday

(1/21) > >>

STEMO:
Nice, young Scottish lass asked me if I'd like a shiny new smart meter in my home. When I said 'No, thank you', she tried to educate me about the benefits of having one. Instead, I educated her with my thoughts on where a smart meter should be located. Somewhere dark, damp and smelly. I doubt she'll ring again.  :)

Alnico Blue:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 12 July 2018, 11:41:41 ---Nice, young Scottish lass asked me if I'd like a shiny new smart meter in my home. When I said 'No, thank you', she tried to educate me about the benefits of having one. Instead, I educated her with my thoughts on where a smart meter should be located. Somewhere dark, damp and smelly. I doubt she'll ring again.  :)

--- End quote ---

You are pure class  Stemo   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alnico Blue:

--- Quote from: Alnico Blue on 12 July 2018, 12:58:15 ---
--- Quote from: STEMO on 12 July 2018, 11:41:41 ---Nice, young Scottish lass asked me if I'd like a shiny new smart meter in my home. When I said 'No, thank you', she tried to educate me about the benefits of having one. Instead, I educated her with my thoughts on where a smart meter should be located. Somewhere dark, damp and smelly. I doubt she'll ring again.  :)

--- End quote ---

You are pure class  Stemo   ;D ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

You of course meant the cellar  ;D ;D ;D ;D

deviator:
Out of interest, I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but what are you reasons for rejecting a smart meter?

(I too have rejected them for over 10 years and have my reasons, I just wondered what yours were)

LC0112G:

--- Quote from: deviator on 12 July 2018, 14:02:48 ---Out of interest, I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but what are you reasons for rejecting a smart meter?

(I too have rejected them for over 10 years and have my reasons, I just wondered what yours were)

--- End quote ---

Turn the question around. Why should anyone accept a smart meter?

The technology makes it possible for the utilities to collect usage data from individual customers. If you want 'my' data, then you pay me, or you pay someone to sit on my drive looking at the meter 24/7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version