Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: D2S Hid bulbs at Halfords  (Read 7062 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: D2S Hid bulbs at Halfords
« Reply #30 on: 08 November 2017, 13:37:10 »

/stupid question

I've never actually replaced the HID bulbs before, best to disconnect battery? Considering changing that anyway, as it's turning over a bit slow now. Winter kicking in.
Even with your gadget hands, you will not get in the OS one without removing battery. So non-issue.

Check adjusters before you buy bulbs, if they are broken, buy some, and do all at same time.

Not actually tested adjusted before  :-[  :-\

If you break one I have a spare plastic one you can have  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 November 2017, 17:23:33 »

/stupid question

I've never actually replaced the HID bulbs before, best to disconnect battery? Considering changing that anyway, as it's turning over a bit slow now. Winter kicking in.
Even with your gadget hands, you will not get in the OS one without removing battery. So non-issue.

Check adjusters before you buy bulbs, if they are broken, buy some, and do all at same time.

Pop off rubber cover for main beam bulb/sidelight/euroland adjuster, and grab back of bulb holder, and move unit in and out. Will be blatantly obvious if adjuster is broken.

I can pretty much guarantee at least one is. Don't piss around, replace adjusters on both.

Bit fiddly to do, pop it up and watch Mrs TB and I do one, then you'll be fully confidence.  The big thing is not to get any of the sealant onto anything visible, as you won't shift it.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 November 2017, 18:51:58 »

Yep, easy enough to do once you've done one.

I have two spare pairs of headlights so am aiming to refurbish and fit to the other two. Last set cost quite a bit to do though as I went the whole hog - sanded and polished lenses, cleaned reflectors, replaced adjusters, replaced all bulbs with the exception of the indicator bulbs and applied UV protection film.  :-X

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 November 2017, 22:55:17 »

/stupid question

Pop off rubber cover for main beam bulb/sidelight/euroland adjuster, and grab back of bulb holder, and move unit in and out. Will be blatantly obvious if adjuster is broken.

I can pretty much guarantee at least one is. Don't piss around, replace adjusters on both.

Bit fiddly to do, pop it up and watch Mrs TB and I do one, then you'll be fully confidence.  The big thing is not to get any of the sealant onto anything visible, as you won't shift it.

Thanks another reason to pop up  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 November 2017, 22:55:51 »

/stupid question

Cheers  :y

Is that from a spare unit or did you buy them?

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 November 2017, 07:54:54 »

/stupid question

Cheers  :y

Is that from a spare unit or did you buy them?

It is from an old unit after I put aluminium adjusters in  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 November 2017, 10:37:31 »

I tend to buy them from HIDS4U on ebay... no complaints at all, ie what I ordered is what arrives...

You won't buy them from ebay, I won't buy generic/unbranded from Halfords... even though we both know they probably share the same supplier ::)

I believe the Halfords HID's are repackaged GE (General Electric) products.

They are........ 8)

But GE don't manufacture them............(according to our internal system)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.