Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting Issues!  (Read 421 times)

3.0V6Elite

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
Starting Issues!
« on: 26 March 2009, 20:31:48 »

Finally managed to get the mig running today after it's head gasket change. Initially after the new gaskets were put in she wouldn't fire up. A paperclip test was carried out and showed code 19, being the crank sensor, so I ordered a genuine VX replacement from my local dealer, and today it arrived so I installed it this lunchtime. It fired up straight away and runs sweet as a nut now.

The only problem I have, is that after you turn off the ignition when it has warmed up, it is difficult to start up again. You have to give it a bit of gas for a bit and then it is fine. The paperclip test is still showing code 19! I don't understand it, has anyone any ideas?

The other issue that I have is that when installing the new sensor, I realised that I have not connected one of the breather hoses back up, thats if it was connected in the first place, this is the hose in question

Does anyone know where it is supposed to connect to? It seems to be coming from the gearbox somewhere.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Issues!
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2009, 20:38:23 »

Auto gearbox breather pipe ??

If so it should be clipped up by the multiplug for the injectors, in such a way that the hole points downwards to prevent moisture ingress.

HTH

:)

3.0V6Elite

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Issues!
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2009, 20:42:12 »

Auto gearbox breather pipe ??

If so it should be clipped up by the multiplug for the injectors, in such a way that the hole points downwards to prevent moisture ingress.

HTH

:)
That's a relief, thought that I might have missed something important.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.