Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm/CL Module Replacement: Working solution: Thanks for help  (Read 1355 times)

3MGs

• Wiltshire
    • 3 MG's & 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile

Just thought I would update on my thread from last week, as I've now achieved a working solution from the information received, so, many thanks to:
   The Boy,
   Andy H,
   Entwood  and
   Vega,   for all your input.

I found a "YP" module with two fobs on eBay for £15.00 which I thought would be worth experimenting with.  Although not exactly the best match, YP should be a compatible replacement for my ES. As it had come from a saloon it had 3-button fobs rather than the 2-button ones I needed for the estate, and it had no pass code number.

So I changed the modules over and tried the key in the door lock first.  It worked, and set the alarm, so at least it proved that the fault had been in the old module. So then I tried the fobs and although both extremely beaten-up and manky, the first one worked fully, and the second one would unlock, but not lock (micro switch?),  Swapped my key blade onto the fully working fob, so now I seem to have a working solution.

As I have long term plans for the car, I would really like to find a module with 2-button fobs and a pass code, so that I can get new keys programmed in the future if needed.  I thought I had found just that in the 3.2 MV6 which Joff is breaking, but when the module came out it was an  "LT", but thanks, any way, to Joff for his help.

If anyone has any snippets of info on which years/models use ES or YP modules, it would be very much appreciated.  Thanks again for everyone's help.         

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm/CL Module Replacement: Working solution: Thanks for help
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2014, 10:36:23 »

The microswitches may help with the duff fob :y

EPC lists which years had which module. They are all interchangeable from Facelift onwards. The security code is stored unencrypted on the flash, but its a pain to get the dump off.
Grumpy old man

3MGs

• Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2014, 10:56:54 »

Hi TB,  Thanks for that.   Ref. interchangability of modules on later cars, do you think the "LT" module from Joff's 3.2 MV6 (2002, I think) would work in mine also (2000 3.0 Elite). That is an estate, has 2 2-button fobs and a pass card, so exactly what I'm looking for?

By the way, what exactly is EPC and how do I get access to it?     Thanks, John.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2014, 13:26:05 »

I can look it up when back in the UK :y (No wifi in this villa, so PAYG mobile data - ouch!)
Grumpy old man

3MGs

• Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2014, 00:36:45 »

Just as a further update on this, I have now acquired the "LT" module from joff's MV6, together with 2 good remotes and the pass code card.  I have swapped the YP module which I fitted last week for the new LT module, and now all the essentials, remote locking, alarm, etc seem to be behaving as they should, and I have a full set of remotes and card.   Many thanks to joff for help, advice and supply of parts.

The only function which seems not to work is the closing of windows and roof from outside by remote, not essential, and I hope just a programming/synchronising issue to be sorted.  One new key blade and chip on order, so I just need to get the new chip programmed to give me two fully working key/remotes.

Next project is to get the radio working, so probably a new thread on that coming soon!

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2014, 09:59:24 »

Whats an LT module??  Never come across one
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2014, 12:17:56 »

Whats an LT module??  Never come across one
"LT" is just the designation code letters
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.