Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats it made from....?  (Read 2762 times)

05omegav6

Re: Whats it made from....?
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2014, 16:48:34 »

Might be a different tolerance to commercial use then, certainly never had an issue round here :-\

Use some aluminium plate to make a bracket to slot behind the trim :y neat, tidy and leaves no evidence should you wish to remove it later on.

If you want it more secure, remove the trim panel and make the bracket to wrap around the edge of the dash so that it's then clamped in place by the trim panel :y

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2014, 16:51:04 »

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Im thinking that commercial use might have a different legislation when it comes to hand held equipment, as you would need to use it whilst driving, whereas I don't need to use it whilst driving...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2014, 15:27:17 »

You could always look at a different rig setup, I have a similar space issue in my beach Buggy, so use an all in one mic, with hideaway unit like this

And I know that you can get similar setups with displays built into the mic for Amateur Radio too  :y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 August 2014, 17:32:10 »

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Im thinking that commercial use might have a different legislation when it comes to hand held equipment, as you would need to use it whilst driving, whereas I don't need to use it whilst driving...

Nope. You need to find a copper who knows the law. ;) Handheld microphone use isn't in itself an offence in the same way as mobile phone use is. You could still be charged if it interfered with your proper control of the vehicle (as you could if you were eating a sandwich, etc.), so probably best to use a hands free setup if you need to talk while driving.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 August 2014, 20:25:46 »

Well I found a place to install it :)

The head unit itself..

The radio body... yes I know the wires are a bit untidy, I'll be sorting them out tomorrow :)

And the H/U without the radio controls :)

My next problem was the antenna fitment, do I buy an expensive glass mount antenna - which work extremely well, or do I buy a bodymount antenna base... I went to my localish radio supplies shop (not Maplin a proper radio supplier) and they had no glass mount antennas in stock so had to settle for a bodymount/bootlid mount antenna base :)

Im all happy now that my 'rig' is back in my motor and it can be used when I want to :)

Thanks to all for any suggestions, but I settled on the bottom of the gearshift surround as I reckoned there was plenty about in scrappies etc.. if I need to replace it for some reason :)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.