Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what to do at 6pm on a thurs, i know V6 oil cooler  (Read 1143 times)

Simon_Omega

what to do at 6pm on a thurs, i know V6 oil cooler
« on: 11 June 2009, 18:21:26 »

yes, have begun using james guide, and am currently stripping down the top on the 3.2 thames valley cop car.   it has 2 brand new heads on it and who ever did the work obviously doesnt have a clue about resealing the oil cooler properly owing to the amount of Sh**te in the water tank!

Simon_Omega

Re: what to do at 6pm on a thurs, i know V6 oil cooler
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2009, 20:31:39 »

she is stripped down to the cooler now, just need a 30mm sockett in the morning, total job time so far approx 1 hr

the sealant they used is criminal.
2x new heads or refurbed, but look brand new,  and the cam gaskets, skimmed etc, big 700 quid job, but the garage had used putty to seal the oil cooler. 
its crazy.

Simon_Omega

« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2009, 17:37:42 »

i finished the car today, except one of the oil bolts broke, where they didnt include them in the kit despite ordering and being charged for them.

put the bolt in on monday and reconnect the inlets and hope to have a nice new car,  as it has had new heads on it, but the state of the cooler was hurrendous!

stemon

« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2009, 22:12:25 »

Being ex police it dont suprise me one bit. they used a kind of putty on my dads plemum to seal it rather than new gaskets! they must employ kids to fix their cars!

Glad its all sorted properly now though  :y
« Last Edit: 13 June 2009, 22:13:03 by stemon »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2009, 22:18:03 »

Being ex police it dont suprise me one bit. they used a kind of putty on my dads plemum to seal it rather than new gaskets! they must employ kids to fix their cars!

Glad its all sorted properly now though  :y
Doubt it Think, they have to run in tip top condition all the time so tip top repairs must be done all the time.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Simon_Omega

« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2009, 00:56:26 »

it was bodged by who ever owned it for the last 8 months. i had suplied this car 18 months ago from tvp, it was mint then, and will be soon!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.