Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Optional Extra's - Zafira  (Read 2672 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Optional Extra's - Zafira
« on: 12 October 2017, 09:52:39 »

I guess because it's the type of car, they make the extra's what people want. My new Zafira Tourer has aircon and cruise control, aux input, tyre pressure sensors, all of which are standard even on the base model.

What is optional extra, is the storage  ???

The SE model, has a nice little sunglasses storage in front of the MID, it's optional on mine. As are the useful under seat storage boxes, the rear storage is same with box in the back of the arm rest for back seat people to use.

Tried to look for guides to retro fit these, particularly the storage in front of the MID and under seat stuff. But as usual all other forums are total cr@p, a post once a month at best and sod all technical knowledge.  :(

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Optional Extra's - Zafira
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2017, 10:12:17 »

Unfortunately, I suspect people carriers in general do not attract the enthusiast, so you may be on your own   :-\.

Can you not pay for 24h of access to the pukka Vauxhall system and look in there?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2017, 10:42:48 »

Unfortunately, I suspect people carriers in general do not attract the enthusiast, so you may be on your own   :-\.

Can you not pay for 24h of access to the pukka Vauxhall system and look in there?

Maybe  :-\

Tempted to wonder into Vauxhall parts at my local dealer, the chap there is really helpful. He is the one that just came out with a box of O-rings and let me have one for free, when I needed one for 3.2 oil change. So might ask him if I could do anything.

Oh btw, I never went to see the Volvo's - I rang the dealer saying I was going to come look at it, his reply was. "It's not here, I've lent it to a mate"  ???

So went other end of the budget and picked up the Zafira from a Vauxhall dealer  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2017, 12:43:34 »

This give any pointers on removal?

http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13372299.pdf

What spec is the Zaf?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2017, 13:12:44 »

This give any pointers on removal?

http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13372299.pdf

What spec is the Zaf?

It's 2014 Tourer, SRi. Would have liked SE but nothing available in budget and automatic. I'd like to add the storage under the seats, I found some reference on Astra forums, but looked complicated.  :(

Thanks yes, looks like a lot involved. It's the one seen here, can see it has it due to the button just behind the hazards for a little storage section. Would guess you can buy that from Vauxhall, but probably not cheap and not something easily found in breakers.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2017, 13:14:23 »

Oh and under the drivers seat are some straps to hold something, maybe wheel removal kit? Nothing is there, just a bunch of loose straps.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2017, 13:16:25 »

These would be good to add:

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 October 2017, 13:18:48 »

There are a few being broken on ebay, its worth popping them a message to see if you can get the bits needed for reasonable money.

I do know that some of the seat types cant accept the under seat storage (which to be honest, I have always found pretty crap), mainly the ones with extendable front leg supports or motor adjustment.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 October 2017, 13:32:14 »

There are a few being broken on ebay, its worth popping them a message to see if you can get the bits needed for reasonable money.

I do know that some of the seat types cant accept the under seat storage (which to be honest, I have always found pretty crap), mainly the ones with extendable front leg supports or motor adjustment.

That's me then, the SRi cloth seats are very comfortable, I do like the extending front support given my height. Makes it great for long journeys.

Thanks for heads up, perhaps take a look at eBay and see if SE/Elites being broken for that storage bit.

Is there anything else I could easily add?

I'd love to upgrade the lights, back to Halogen after the VW's impressive HID's is like going back to the dark ages.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 October 2017, 13:42:47 »

I believe its seat height adjustment, or a minimal passenger height adjustment if they do.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 October 2017, 13:54:28 »

Is this the model which had a large fire extinguisher as an optional extra ?  :-X  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 October 2017, 15:26:58 »

Is this the model which had a large fire extinguisher as an optional extra ?  :-X  :-\
Only on the V8 models, not sure if tunnie went for that Engine Option though.  ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 October 2017, 15:35:33 »

Given it's low mileage and it was an available option I would have!

I would have gone petrol as well, but only one was 1.4T in newer examples which was outside budget.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2017, 17:24:52 »

That's me then, the SRi cloth seats are very comfortable, I do like the extending front support given my height. Makes it great for long journeys.

Thanks for heads up, perhaps take a look at eBay and see if SE/Elites being broken for that storage bit.

Is there anything else I could easily add?

I'd love to upgrade the lights
, back to Halogen after the VW's impressive HID's is like going back to the dark ages.

Trouble is you'd  need the washers,auto levelling etc to make it legal :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2017, 17:36:15 »

Sounds as though you don’t like it at all  ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.