Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best place to sell a classic car ?  (Read 3516 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to sell a classic car ?
« Reply #15 on: 18 June 2018, 17:29:12 »

If memory serves Jimmy also attended a fee paying boarding school........where being 'rogered senseless' was no doubt part of the curriculum. :)

Not that I ever attended a fee paying boarding school, but I remember my first day at secondary school, stood at the urinal, and hearing some strange noises and groans from one of the "number 2's" cubicle. As I was washing my mitts, out of said cubicle walked a 5th former and an unhappy looking freshblood like me.

I never, ever walked into the bogs at that school again.  There are things that a naïve, traditionally raised kid should never have to hear or see...

Presumably, at boarding school, they come from behind undercover of darkness after 'lights out' ;D

Perhaps matron would help out at times of sexual frustration. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 June 2018, 18:10:25 »

If memory serves Jimmy also attended a fee paying boarding school........where being 'rogered senseless' was no doubt part of the curriculum. :)

Not that I ever attended a fee paying boarding school, but I remember my first day at secondary school, stood at the urinal, and hearing some strange noises and groans from one of the "number 2's" cubicle. As I was washing my mitts, out of said cubicle walked a 5th former and an unhappy looking freshblood like me.

I never, ever walked into the bogs at that school again.  There are things that a naïve, traditionally raised kid should never have to hear or see...

Presumably, at boarding school, they come from behind undercover of darkness after 'lights out' ;D

Perhaps matron would help out at times of sexual frustration.
:)

Is this why they were traditionally big strong women with arms like Popeye's rather than nubile young nymphs?  :-\  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 June 2018, 18:41:34 »

We had a delightful young matron at my boarding school, MCS, just down the road from TB Towers. Should you be unfortunate enough to become tumescent while taking the compulsory monthly, (or was it quarterly?) bath, she had a long handled metal spoon with which our member received a sharp anointment. It usually worked. :-[ ::)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 June 2018, 18:42:14 »

I sold my last classic here
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/32/

I found buyers to be of a more serious type . It was sold to a buyer in Perth ................Australia .

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 June 2018, 18:52:30 »

yes Opti I remember the MGC,I always fancied the idea of one rather than the "B".From the start they got the reputation for poor handling mainly blamed on the heavy straight six in the nose,then they discovered that the press cars[which is where the poor reputation came from]didn't have high enough pressures in the tyres.Modern suspension bushes and tyres at the correct pressure and apparently it's a much better handling machine than previously admitted to.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2018, 20:07:44 »

The story of the car concerned. In 2009 an MG enthusiast was in the MG owners club workshop when he noticed this MGB there.
It was apparently a winter project for the mechanics who had so far rebuilt the engine but the rest of the car hadn't yet been touched.
He got talking to the guvnor about it and ended up agreeing to buy it once they had fully restored it.
He specified PAS to be fitted along with a few other mods including leather interior, new carpets,electric fan, electronic ignition, servo brakes,12v battery rather than two 6 volts and uprated heater. The restoration included a full bare matel respray in Teal blue
Its a 1972 car with wire wheels and chrome bumpers.
I have copies of the communications between the buyer and MGOC including the bill of sale for £11,000 when they finished restoring it.
When the car left the MGOC workshop it had 18,538 miles on the clock.
A few years later the car was sold to the son of my friend. The novelty soon wore off, he moved to London a couple of years ago and left the car at his Dads house. It now has approx 28000 on the clock.
Dad has now talked him into selling it, and has roped me in to help.
It seems to me like a car that should be worth quite a lot of money. Just looking for ideas / advice on how best to help him achieve the best price.
Thanks for the ideas so far.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 June 2018, 20:21:47 »

The story of the car concerned. In 2009 an MG enthusiast was in the MG owners club workshop when he noticed this MGB there.
It was apparently a winter project for the mechanics who had so far rebuilt the engine but the rest of the car hadn't yet been touched.
He got talking to the guvnor about it and ended up agreeing to buy it once they had fully restored it.
He specified PAS to be fitted along with a few other mods including leather interior, new carpets,electric fan, electronic ignition, servo brakes,12v battery rather than two 6 volts and uprated heater. The restoration included a full bare matel respray in Teal blue
Its a 1972 car with wire wheels and chrome bumpers.
I have copies of the communications between the buyer and MGOC including the bill of sale for £11,000 when they finished restoring it.
When the car left the MGOC workshop it had 18,538 miles on the clock.
A few years later the car was sold to the son of my friend. The novelty soon wore off, he moved to London a couple of years ago and left the car at his Dads house. It now has approx 28000 on the clock.
Dad has now talked him into selling it, and has roped me in to help.
It seems to me like a car that should be worth quite a lot of money. Just looking for ideas / advice on how best to help him achieve the best price.
Thanks for the ideas so far.  :y

To some people the mods would De-value it but classic and sportscar mag is a place to start,prices are all over the shop though but certainly worth 8k plus(often though not worth whats been spent sadly)

Just to add a valuation from MGOC probably a good idea
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2018, 17:34:05 »

I'm really shocked by such behaviour! :o :o :o A male child washing his hands after going to the toilet. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2018, 19:57:28 »

We had girls at our school, so buggery was never really an issue. Thank opps.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 June 2018, 17:27:51 »

We had an all girls school opposite. But for some in my school, girls were too scary.  Which was particularly amusing in 6th form were we very occasionally had mixed lessons, and I used to get great pleasure out of watching some of the geeks' reactions when a girl actually spoke to them ;D
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 June 2018, 18:23:16 »

One up the *** no harm done. ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 June 2018, 21:02:10 »

One up the *** no harm done. ;D

...as an Aer Lingus stewardess once said to me in the crew transport while discussing a, possibly unplanned, celeb's pregnancy. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.