Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiator removal  (Read 5709 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Radiator removal
« Reply #15 on: 15 October 2017, 16:54:40 »

Ive actually just been out and had a rummage and your in luck Ron. I found one. Don't want anything for it, but if you can keep an eye out for one on here or elsewhere, at your leisure, then it would mean I still have a spare in case I need one.
Its now in the boot of my car and I'm working tonight, so if you want to intercept me on the way to work (will be around Witham at 7pm) or come and collect from me at work a bit later this evening, your all sorted.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

powerslinky

« Reply #16 on: 15 October 2017, 17:03:19 »

Ive actually just been out and had a rummage and your in luck Ron. I found one. Don't want anything for it, but if you can keep an eye out for one on here or elsewhere, at your leisure, then it would mean I still have a spare in case I need one.
Its now in the boot of my car and I'm working tonight, so if you want to intercept me on the way to work (will be around Witham at 7pm) or come and collect from me at work a bit later this evening, your all sorted.  :y

Don't you just love him Ron  . . .Diamond Geez  that Albs MigV6   :) :)  Oof at it's best again  :y

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 October 2017, 17:04:45 »

Thanks Doc . . . But am I right in thinking that on my 2.6 the ATF & air con rads are in front of the coolant rad though & will stay in situ ?
 Removal on hold until tomorrow now though  . . SWMBO moaning  . . . "nice day & your'e stuck under that car  . . again . .moan   moan etc. " .   I'm getting to dislike women  >:( >:( >:(

Thats what nice days are for ! . Best way to remove stress in my opinion. And rainy days are for indoor jobs

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 October 2017, 21:39:13 »

"Don't you just love him Ron  . . .Diamond Geez  that Albs MigV6   :) :)  Oof at it's best again"

Yes, a magnificent gesture from one of nature's best - thanks Albs.
As you said, one more problem (amongst many!) sorted.

Replacing the radiator still frightens me and the very thought of replacing the wishbones in my frail state sends me running (well, hobbling!) to Marks and Spencers..... :(

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2017, 18:44:31 »

Rad is more fiddly than hard.

You won't lose enough ATF to get worried over :)
Grumpy old man

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2017, 21:23:32 »

Had a message from a neighbour to say he's accepted a rad shaped package so tomorrow could be the day. I've already drilled out the rusted solid top cover bolts, how hard can the rest be :P

Must remember not to mulla the top hose as it seems they're rare

Steve
Every start's a bonus!
03 2.6 Elite estate. Bose my A***

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2017, 22:00:31 »

I'm definitely interested in hearing how you get on with the radiator, Boatboy; my new radiator is promised for the weekend!

Ron.

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 October 2017, 11:59:29 »

I'm definitely interested in hearing how you get on with the radiator, Boatboy; my new radiator is promised for the weekend!

Ron.

Well I'm only just up due to a later than intended finish last night. Opened the  box and it looks ok though as I expected with the 'one size fits all' description,  it has integral atf cooler. Have to find a way to close those off. Wish me luck, I'm going in. Or out.

steve

Every start's a bonus!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 October 2017, 12:01:33 »

If your not using the integral cooler, just ignore it.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 October 2017, 15:39:37 »

Well its changed, but...

The biggest obstacle was the connector to the lower temp sensor. Sods law dictated that when it was tightened the retaining lug on the sensor body was directly inline with the hose for the aux cooling pump and I couldn't get anything in there to unlatch it. Ended up removing the bagpipes and fan assy in situ before removing the rad.

Now to the but..

I have a leak. Dripping from the offside lower locating lug. Cant see any sign of it any higher up. No time to investigate further today so it will have to stay put for now.

Steve

Every start's a bonus!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 October 2017, 15:59:30 »

Sod's Law has a Rider - any "5 minute job" will be sure to take at least 2 hours!  :(

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 October 2017, 16:19:26 »

Sod's Law has a Rider - any "5 minute job" will be sure to take at least 2 hours!  :(

Ron.

We've just taken nearly two hours to get a fuel pump in place on a Lycoming. It's only two bolts FFS ???

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 October 2017, 18:39:52 »

Reading this has made me think of changing rad on mine when I eventually get in there to do the oil cooler etc. as I was going to change the two thermoswitches anyway,so may as well go the whole hog.Looking around prices vary wildly[as expected]but some say they are for air con cars while others say they're for non air con cars,so what's the difference between the two?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 October 2017, 20:50:32 »

I've ordered and am awaiting delivery of this one:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132213753239

and EssexBigAl has opted for this one as he can inspect it at the vendors whilst working:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-2-5-2-6-3-0-3-2-1994-2003-MANUAL-AUTO-NEW-RADIATOR/112275075467?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They don't look a lot different to me, apart from price; I'll let you know when I get mine.

Ron.

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 October 2017, 15:44:35 »

Reading this has made me think of changing rad on mine when I eventually get in there to do the oil cooler etc. as I was going to change the two thermoswitches anyway,so may as well go the whole hog.Looking around prices vary wildly[as expected]but some say they are for air con cars while others say they're for non air con cars,so what's the difference between the two?

I cant say for certain what the differences are, but having spent a couple of afternoons at the sharp end I can say that a rad for an air con car must have two mounting ears at the top for the condenser bracket and probably needs the cut away section on the nearside tank to allow space for the a/c pipes.

Other than that I cant see any other involvement.

the one i bought is  https://www.carcooling.co.uk/radiator-vauxhall-omega-b-2597-cc-2000-03-08/00-08/03-2.6-i-24v.-man/auto-vehicles-with-or-without-a/c-653-460-28mm-kz-dg-12ol45   
Seems to be a one size fits all, so In my case it has a redundant atf heat exchanger.
Every start's a bonus!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.