Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car wont start after sitting for 3 years  (Read 13911 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Car wont start after sitting for 3 years
« Reply #90 on: 09 July 2019, 15:41:36 »

If I'm not wrong - if the immobiliser isn't flashing, then the immobiliser is disarmed .. and the problem is elsewhere, no?

Yup. :y

Let's just say I had a similar problem on my last mfl, after hours of kicking shouting and tech2, which didn't find the fault it turned out to be very simple, and was cheap......

One of the big fuses, in the auxiliary box on top of the battery..
« Last Edit: 09 July 2019, 15:51:15 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Matteomart

• Essex
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 09 July 2019, 20:43:36 »

If I'm not wrong - if the immobiliser isn't flashing, then the immobiliser is disarmed .. and the problem is elsewhere, no?

Let's just say I had a similar problem on my last mfl, after hours of kicking shouting and tech2, which didn't find the fault it turned out to be very simple, and was cheap......

Were you getting the wrong immobiliser signal code?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 09 July 2019, 21:21:41 »

More codes than bletchley park
Hoof'land storeman.

Matteomart

• Essex
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 09 July 2019, 22:09:30 »

More codes than bletchley park

Mine is a 95 so i don't have the fuse box over the battery  :-\

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 10 July 2019, 18:15:41 »

I've just cleaned the pins for the immobiliser ecu and still nothing. I tried unplugging it and when i do that the EML flashes like it is supposed to but when i plug it back in it behaves as it should but still no spark or fuel is being pumped.
Seems to me that you've confirmed that there is life in the immobiliser receiver.
AIUI if the chip in the key can't be read at all or is incorrect (not programmed ) for the car or if the immobiliser is faulty (which you've simulated) then the EML light will flash. If the light goes out and stays out, then the key and chip are correct and have been read.

However there remains the question of whether a failure to properly disengage the alarm with the remote fob also prevents deactivation of the immobiliser on earlier cars with IR remotes. I suspect it does. And it might be that your alarm is faulty (as opposed to the known problem with early IR fobs).

It would be good to get your alarm working and eliminated as the source of the problem.
Also are you positive that the fuel pump relay you replaced is the correct one and is working?

AIUI it's possible to delete the immobiliser block on early cars using a Tech I/IA/II interface. Very likely you will need the car pass code. Do you have that? Else you would have to get it from Vauxhall at an expensive fee. Plus I don't know if deleting the immobiliser is actually possible if it's not properly deactivated.

Or you could try and obtain a spare remote and program that to the car. You would still need to have that programmed with a Tech II interface etc. And it might not achieve anything if it's the alarm or the receiver in the roof that's faulty.

Member omegod has offered you an ECU, immobiliser ring and 2 keys with remotes. I think the best thing would be to fit the ECU and immobiliser receiver ring to your car. It should be an easy job. Your key chip, assuming it's working, won't match omegod's receiver so you'll have to swap one of the transceiver chips into your key as omegod's keys wont fit, unless he'e giving you a barrel as well?

That might get you going if the alarm is not blocking the immobiliser. You'll still need to get omegod' remotes programmed to the car with a Tech I/II, to use them.

Where are you in Essex? You really need a kindly member  with the Tech kit to pay a visit and have a look at the car.
Got an ecu, immobiliser ring and 2 key's n remotes here from an N reg 2.5 V6

« Last Edit: 10 July 2019, 18:21:08 by Enceladus »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.