Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disco diesel  (Read 2567 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Disco diesel
« on: 28 October 2018, 13:03:42 »

Friends daughter has a Disco diesel which has to have the additive (pigs urine?) topped up ocsnly. Apparently it is done free under 3 year warranty. Does it have to be done by JLR or is this a commonly avlbl additive?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Disco diesel
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2018, 13:15:40 »

It's very available.  :y

But if it gets topped up as part of the service, then why not let the garage do it, presuming that she intends to keep to the service schedule?  :-\

Maybe you can just pop in to the Landy dealer and they will top it up for you FOC?  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2018, 15:29:41 »

Isn,t there a light on the dash to tell when it,s getting low level? ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2018, 16:21:50 »

Isn,t there a light on the dash to tell when it,s getting low level? ???
Not always... some vehicles use a litre every 20k, others drink a gallon a week... lots of variables.

Also, most cars fitted with this have a filler/tank in the engine bay, and because most people don't know how to open the bonnet to check inconsequential stuff like brake fluid levels and oil or coolant >:(, it suddenly becomes an MDO item... ::)

Trucks which use it have readily accessible tanks that can be filled with the same ease as the diesel ones ;)
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 16:33:08 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2018, 16:23:40 »

So let me see......

Derv is more expensive than proper fuel and then there is the added expense of the 'piss tank' :)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2018, 16:51:48 »

It's very available.  :y

But if it gets topped up as part of the service, then why not let the garage do it, presuming that she intends to keep to the service schedule?  :-\

Maybe you can just pop in to the Landy dealer and they will top it up for you FOC?  :-\

This was part of a discussion with her Dad, who thought it can only be done by JLR. Apparently the two times she has had it done at different dealers, when told to by the indicator, one was free, the other £30. So we are all puzzled. :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2018, 16:58:50 »

On the Disco there is an AdBlue filler by the fuel filler inside the hatch and yes there is a light to notify you when it's getting low.  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2018, 17:07:53 »

On the Disco there is an AdBlue filler by the fuel filler inside the hatch and yes there is a light to notify you when it's getting low.  :y
Sounds like progress :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2018, 17:34:30 »

Sounds like progress :y

I should add that that is for the Disco 4.   :y

I don't know what the situation is with the Disco 5, and AFAIK none of the Disco 3's used AdBlue.  Maybe the later models.  :-\

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2018, 17:37:20 »

Sounds odd that it'd be a warranty item,but I could be for all I know.However adblue is readily available on petrol station forecourts as well as motor factors,dealers etc.Some vehicles give you a count down on the dash display as to how many miles left to a fill up before the vehicle won't start.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2018, 18:43:14 »

Sounds odd that it'd be a warranty item,but I could be for all I know.However adblue is readily available on petrol station forecourts as well as motor factors,dealers etc.Some vehicles give you a count down on the dash display as to how many miles left to a fill up before the vehicle won't start.

Hers is 17 plate and has a mileage countdown. :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 October 2018, 05:43:51 »

Hers is 17 plate and has a mileage countdown. :y

Just another way to fleece the stoopid motorists for something that isn't a service item,,  adblue is readily available from Tesco, Halfords, any garage in 1L up to 20L drums, I fill up twice a week from our tank at work, but then I've got a 100L tank on ere,  ;) and a 13L straight 6  :y.  But I don't need to get a 'service light's reset every week. Look on the Laney forums should be plenty of info there.
Hoof'land storeman.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 October 2018, 19:28:42 »

Had a Range Rover (evogue?) in to top up what LR call “diesel fuel additive “. Or some horseshit like that. We don’t see many of these shite boxes thank god so I thought it’d be some special additive like the Citroen’s with their “elois fluid” that looks like a bag of blood and stinks!

Anyway turns out it was just adblue. They probably put the special additive so they go to LR and get it done as opposed to buying it cheap at Tesco. Morons.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 November 2018, 09:21:09 »

Had a Range Rover (evogue?) in to top up what LR call “diesel fuel additive “. Or some horseshit like that. We don’t see many of these shite boxes thank god so I thought it’d be some special additive like the Citroen’s with their “elois fluid” that looks like a bag of blood and stinks!

Anyway turns out it was just adblue. They probably put the special additive so they go to LR and get it done as opposed to buying it cheap at Tesco. Morons.

Nope, standard AdBlue, same as added to all.

If you have the JLR service plan (which is actually a bloody bargain at 600 for 5 years), then AdBlue top up is included.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2018, 15:55:45 »

Nope, standard AdBlue, same as added to all.

If you have the JLR service plan (which is actually a bloody bargain at 600 for 5 years), then AdBlue top up is included.

That’s what I said 👍
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.