Yes, still got one
- 7 (18.9%)
Yes, had one previously, but not now
- 8 (21.6%)
No.
- 22 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Zafiras  (Read 5831 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Zafiras
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2015, 11:33:57 »

What's to like about a Zafira? Why would you even expect to, as it is just a tool. Consider the alternatives for a budget smallish multi-seater, and tell me what else is better. Scenic or Picasso might be 'better' if you can get them to work for a decent amount of time.Good luck with that!

Expecting to like this sort of car is like getting attached to your tumble drier.
Aha, Nick. Now some people might understand why I talk about my astra estate the way I do. It does exactly what I need it to.
I'll have time for something I actually like when the lad finishes his A levels and the dog kicks the bucket.

Yep. I agree. A purely functional tool much like a washing machine.

The Signum is much the same, being practical and dull. Only the nippy V6 engine takes away the tedium.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2015, 12:52:18 »

What's to like about a Zafira? Why would you even expect to, as it is just a tool. Consider the alternatives for a budget smallish multi-seater, and tell me what else is better. Scenic or Picasso might be 'better' if you can get them to work for a decent amount of time.Good luck with that!

Expecting to like this sort of car is like getting attached to your tumble drier.
Aha, Nick. Now some people might understand why I talk about my astra estate the way I do. It does exactly what I need it to.
I'll have time for something I actually like when the lad finishes his A levels and the dog kicks the bucket.

The Signum is much the same, being practical and dull. Only the nippy V6 engine takes away the tedium.

Cant see you having that long Mr  ::)

Had a diesel Zaffy a while back and was quite handy for the tip run and general load lugging , gutless but practical  :)
Omegatitis

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 July 2015, 15:56:16 »

Voted no. Which covers it afaiac.

Just oppsin....   no!

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 01 July 2015, 16:26:36 »

For a cheap four seat estate Taxi perfect... But for a seven seater, no... Better off buying a transit bus and removing seats to suit your licence/luggage requirements :y

mka306

« Reply #19 on: 01 July 2015, 17:14:57 »

I have the new f/l and it has the 1.4 turbo petrol engine, I have to say for a big bus it's very smooth and easy to drive also extremely comfy and that's great for longer journeys, I have no regrets buying it and I'll no doubt keep it for many years to come.

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 01 July 2015, 17:15:50 »

I have the new f/l and it has the 1.4 turbo petrol engine, I have to say for a big bus it's very smooth and easy to drive also extremely comfy and that's great for longer journeys, I have no regrets buying it and I'll no doubt keep it for many years to come.
Except it's not big... ::)

mka306

« Reply #21 on: 01 July 2015, 17:23:19 »

Except it's not big... ::)

May be to you it's not butI think it's plenty big enough and does the job for me and my family very well so it gets top marks from me!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 July 2015, 19:38:54 »

As you know I have had one for some years and although I don't hugely bond with it, its reliable, economical and practical, just passed the 140K miles mark and climbing.

Having said that, it has enough poke to be able to be entertaining and handling is acceptable.

When the extension is finished I can see a third car being bought to add some fun factor to the driving line up.
Apart from an old Nova, have you ever bonded with any of your cars though?

This bonding with cars is interesting, as I certainly bonded with my poor, clapped out MV6 from day 1, and the tractor for that matter. But the Elite I haven't.  Why not, they are all nice cars, quick enough (except tractor), handles better than expected, comfortable mile cruncher.  So my the difference?  Weird.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 July 2015, 19:46:09 »

As you know I have had one for some years and although I don't hugely bond with it, its reliable, economical and practical, just passed the 140K miles mark and climbing.

Having said that, it has enough poke to be able to be entertaining and handling is acceptable.

When the extension is finished I can see a third car being bought to add some fun factor to the driving line up.

This bonding with cars is interesting, as I certainly bonded with my poor, clapped out MV6 from day 1, and the tractor for that matter. But the Elite I haven't.  Why not, they are all nice cars, quick enough (except tractor), handles better than expected, comfortable mile cruncher.  So my the difference?  Weird.

Because... Again! YOU HAVENT SET IT UP THE SAME AS THE MV6. Dbw aside, it's not ever going to be the same with the current suspension set up. And is unfair to compare the two.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 July 2015, 19:52:49 »

Because... Again! YOU HAVENT SET IT UP THE SAME AS THE MV6. Dbw aside, it's not ever going to be the same with the current suspension set up. And is unfair to compare the two.
It handles well enough (or did before something went wrong), tyres aside.  Its more than that. Its not just because its slower and less economical (due to the inferior 3.2). I just haven't bonded with it. That's the point, what makes us bond with a motor?
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 July 2015, 20:44:12 »

I know exactly what you mean re bonding.I haven't been able to do so with the Omega,whereas with the Senator I did.Unfortunately that was written off in an accident[not my fault]and I couldn't find a replacement within budget,hence the Omega.Really can't see it staying much longer.

05omegav6

« Reply #26 on: 01 July 2015, 22:59:03 »

Mine has seen me safe through a handful of accidents and also when you get a good road just right, it's just perfect.

Given recent events, I would rather break my white one than sell it :-X

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 July 2015, 23:48:42 »

It handles well enough (or did before something went wrong), tyres aside.  Its more than that. Its not just because its slower and less economical (due to the inferior 3.2). I just haven't bonded with it. That's the point, what makes us bond with a motor?
Given the gigantic leap forward you had in set up from the Elite suspension it came with, I don't understand why you haven't taken the time to get it set the same. Surely that's understandable? It clearly still needs work.

Iirc on the mv6 you have standard rear springs, mv6 rear shocks poly donuts. Front lsc shocks and Irmscher springs, poly front bushes...?

Yet on the rear of the superior Elite the rear is 20mm lower on Irmscher rear shocks and springs.

Different ride height. Something you once posted had been worked on extensively on the mv6 by Wim to get the turn in better?

You prefer a pointy car, with better turn in, yet the prefers set up from the mv6 has not been replicated to the superior Elite. Why?

The inference is that the higher rear end on the mv6 gives a slightly steaper castor and loads the front a bit better, as I recall.

Yet somehow, it's the cars fault ;D

Come on, get it sorted. Ffs it's still got the wrong size jets in the LPG. :o ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 July 2015, 11:29:36 »

Had a diesel Zaffy a while back and was quite handy for the tip run and general load lugging , gutless but practical  :)

It's growing on me a little. It's 'ugly ducking' looks are are slowly winning me over.

It is quicker than the MV6 and effortless with it.

It should sound better than it does though.... Vauxhall missed a trick there. :-\

Trip computer shows 24.8 MPG over the last 1000 miles. :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 July 2015, 13:15:51 »

It's growing on me a little. It's 'ugly ducking' looks are are slowly winning me over.

It is quicker than the MV6 and effortless with it.

It should sound better than it does though.... Vauxhall missed a trick there. :-\

Trip computer shows 24.8 MPG over the last 1000 miles. :y

:o

I get double that in the 2.6 auto  :P

Really at home in the Omega's especially this my first fl 2.6 , its comfy and does everything effortless and the tyres last for years the way i drive  ;D
Omegatitis
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.