Yes, still got one
- 7 (18.9%)
Yes, had one previously, but not now
- 8 (21.6%)
No.
- 22 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Zafiras  (Read 5826 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Zafiras
« Reply #30 on: 02 July 2015, 15:28:44 »

What's to like about a Zafira? Why would you even expect to, as it is just a tool. Consider the alternatives for a budget smallish multi-seater, and tell me what else is better. Scenic or Picasso might be 'better' if you can get them to work for a decent amount of time.Good luck with that!

Expecting to like this sort of car is like getting attached to your tumble drier.
Aha, Nick. Now some people might understand why I talk about my astra estate the way I do. It does exactly what I need it to.
I'll have time for something I actually like when the lad finishes his A levels and the dog kicks the bucket.

Yep. I agree. A purely functional tool much like a washing machine.

The Signum is much the same, being practical and dull. Only the nippy V6 engine takes away the tedium.

Cant see you having that long Mr  ::)

Had a diesel Zaffy a while back and was quite handy for the tip run and general load lugging , gutless but practical  :)

It's growing on me a little. It's 'ugly ducking' looks are are slowly winning me over.

It is quicker than the MV6 and effortless with it.

It should sound better than it does though.... Vauxhall missed a trick there. :-\

Trip computer shows 24.8 MPG over the last 1000 miles. :y

:o

I get double that in the 2.6 auto  :P

Really at home in the Omega's especially this my first fl 2.6 , its comfy and does everything effortless and the tyres last for years the way i drive  ;D

That I somehow doubt ::) ;)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

The Sheriff

« Reply #31 on: 02 July 2015, 16:38:18 »

50mpg from a 2.6 V6...... Yes please. ;D

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 July 2015, 19:27:52 »

50mpg from a 2.6 V6...... Yes please. ;D

I drive it tunnie style  ;) Not like driving a Subaru fleeing a bank raid  :P
Omegatitis

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 July 2015, 20:15:40 »

got one as a stop gap and hated it to death in fact I couldn't get out of it with out slamming the door,couldnt get comfy in it,was a pain in the arse to  get in and out of the back seats,if the road was wet the wheels spun for fun and the difference in insurance for the same engine car but with a different spec name was incredible one quote iirc was say £300 and the same care but called say club was £580.glad to get rid of the bitch and am happy with my voyager the proper engine one :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #34 on: 02 July 2015, 20:19:12 »

got one as a stop gap and hated it to death in fact I couldn't get out of it with out slamming the door,couldnt get comfy in it,was a pain in the arse to  get in and out of the back seats,if the road was wet the wheels spun for fun and the difference in insurance for the same engine car but with a different spec name was incredible one quote iirc was say £300 and the same care but called say club was £580.glad to get rid of the bitch and am happy with my voyager the proper engine one :y
Thought you had a big horn. Sorry, a bighorn. ;D

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 July 2015, 21:03:06 »

Thought you had a big horn. Sorry, a bighorn. ;D
ooh steve you said you wouldn't tell  :-* ;D
went from that to the zaffy and what a come down

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 July 2015, 01:31:14 »

My daughter had a 1.8 petrol, until she blew the gearbox up. ::) ::) ::) It was black, so obviously very fast. ::) ::) ::) But, I don't think she understood the concept of servicing, dipsticks, oil filters and oil changes. :D :D :D

It was ideal ish where she has 3 young children and when carrying the children, herself, her partner and mother, they could all fit in. Basic, but it did the job. ??? ??? ???

She has now replaced it with a Nissan Qashqai, which is much, much, better all round, including the very useful Nissan reversing camera and screen, unless you don't look at the screen as you are revering backwards towards your brothers van. :o :o :o

I sure Doctor Opti, will offer some suitable advice? ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 July 2015, 19:09:18 »

Many cars with such systems warn you on the screen that for safeties sake you should always lokk around when reversing-which kind of makes a nonsense of having a screen in front of you!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 July 2015, 08:12:24 »

My daughter had a 1.8 petrol, until she blew the gearbox up. ::) ::) ::) It was black, so obviously very fast. ::) ::) ::) But, I don't think she understood the concept of servicing, dipsticks, oil filters and oil changes. :D :D :D

It was ideal ish where she has 3 young children and when carrying the children, herself, her partner and mother, they could all fit in. Basic, but it did the job. ??? ??? ???

She has now replaced it with a Nissan Qashqai, which is much, much, better all round, including the very useful Nissan reversing camera and screen, unless you don't look at the screen as you are revering backwards towards your brothers van. :o :o :o

Good luck, there currently one of the least reliable and poorly screwed together vehicles out there at the moment based on the faults I keep seeing, plus they have the crap Renault diesel engines sadly.

mka306

« Reply #39 on: 07 July 2015, 08:28:04 »

Good luck, there currently one of the least reliable and poorly screwed together vehicles out there at the moment based on the faults I keep seeing, plus they have the crap Renault diesel engines sadly.

I should think myself very lucky then, my 1.4 turbo petrol engine is smooth, quiet and economical along with a solid build without any rattles or squeaks, in fact it has been the perfect motor from the day it rolled off the delivery truck ::)

Simply put if you don't like them don't buy one but if your considering one then you could do a lot worse and not much better really, this is based on the petrol engine though as I don't know anything about the diesel.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.