Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOT day for the Discovery today, how many fails will it have......  (Read 2329 times)

Crazycarzowner

Should be fun, whats it gonna fail on? Its 19 years old, 75k and other than an oil change I ain't done anything to it in 12 months.  ??? ??? ???

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile

If you think it will pass it will fail
If you think it will fail it will pass

The law of sod.............. :D :D

Crazycarzowner

It WILL fail, I'll be astonished if it passes!

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile

It's going to fail miserably, I've got a horrible feeling in my waters ;D ;D

Crazycarzowner

Just been past the garage on my way home from the dentist & its on the ramps  :-\ :-\ :-\

hoody

• Intermediate Member
  • Scotland
    • View Profile

Rear body crossmember mounts?

Crazycarzowner

Well Poly (as the misses named her) has failed :'( :'( :'( but on how many things????? To say I'm pleasantly surprised is an understatement  :o :o :o 

05omegav6

No rust then... :D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

No rust then... :D

Given its a Disco it might be a question of how much......clearly not so much it causes a fail....but there will be plenty

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile

mine in the 3 years I had it never failed once ..... even though on the last test the header tank sprung a leak! :y

I know that cant fail you on that but making the examiner wet with boiling water :-\
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Crazycarzowner

Nearside Rear Seat belt locking mechanism does not secure or release (5.2.5a)

Offside Rear reflector insecure (1.5.1a)

Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.3)

Nearside Rear Brake pipe inadequately clipped (3.6.B.1)

Offside Rear Brake pipe inadequately clipped (3.6.B.1)

Power steering pipe(s) or hose(s) leaking (2.3.3b)

And that is all  8) 8) 8)

Most of them are literally quick fixes i.e. brake lines. PS pipes want renewing anyway, rear reflector wants a new bracket. Seat belt easy.
The exhaust emissions I think due to CAT being fubared as its rattling its innerds away, new one going to be ordered.

Considering I've used it as a skip for the last 3 months back & to the tip to get the garden sorted, I'm happy with that. No tinworm issues at all, in fact he commented on how solid it was.

Gonna give it a bit of tender love & care, treat it to a full overhaul - springs, shocks, brakes & new bush kit, then re-treat & protect the chassis & body. Budgeting for about £7-800 (Ssssshhhhh) don't tell SWMBO!!!  :y :y :y

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile

Is this a V8 ?, as for the brake pipes why were the clips not picked up last year if all you have done is an oil change ?

I put poly's on the wife's TD5 about 18 months ago, no cat on it and centre box removed EGR removed too.

All I have to do now is put a another engine in as it spun a big end in Jan this year :o also have a new Adwest steering box to fit as that has had it's day. At 210K it's doing well as it's 16 years old now but she loves it (probably more than me) ;D ;D

Power steering pipes will set you back about £100, poly set was about £114 I think, front shock are cheep, drop links if needed can be anything from £30 non land rover to £100s for dealer ones

Good luck :y

Crazycarzowner

Yup mines a V8, Dunno why the pipes weren't picked up last year, I didn't own it then  :-\ :-\ :-\

Ordered a pair of cats of a mate at mates rates.

Gonna get it poly'd as and when I start with the suspension, shouldn't take long really.

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile

erm does the garage know your vocation ::)
bet it would make them keen as chuff ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.