Chat Area > General Car Chat

XZN Triple Square Bits

(1/8) > >>

YZ250:
Why do the German car manufacturers insist on using XZN/Triple Square bolts on places that don't require high torque? I can understand it on cylinder heads etc but come on, is it really necessary to use them on belly pans.  ::)
I believe I need an 8mm XZN/Triple Square bit but haven't got one in my tool box so thought I'd pop out and buy one. Should be simple enough but oh no, " have you tried eBay or have you tried Amazon". I don't want to try eBay or Amazon, I want it NOW. Googling hasn't really helped, it just comes up with .....err eBay or Amazon.  ;D  Shame I'm not at work this week, I could have borrowed one.  :)
Any suggestions where I might be able to pop in to a real store and buy one.  :-\   Thought I'd ask on here as I know how you all love to discuss the German vehicles.  ::)  ;D 

Doctor Gollum:
A decent factors should be able to supply...

https://whiterosetools.com/products/sealey-42-piece-trx-star-spline-hex-bit-set-3-8-and-1-2-drive

;)

dave the builder:
machine mart £22 draper set
plenty of shops scattered about  :y

Andy B:
I had the same problem when I wanted a 9mm Allen key for the rear brakes on my R Class (I already had a 7mm from years back for the fronts) I tried a few proper motorfactors & drew a blank

YZ250:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 09 December 2019, 19:24:58 ---A decent factors should be able to supply...

https://whiterosetools.com/products/sealey-42-piece-trx-star-spline-hex-bit-set-3-8-and-1-2-drive

;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that Al. We seem to be lacking motor factors around here, with the exception of euro car parts ten miles away. In saying that I don't mind travelling if someone has one on the shelf. Have to be careful as spline is 60 degrees between spline and triple square is 90 degrees, although they look the same'ish.  :y

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 09 December 2019, 19:34:13 ---machine mart £22 draper set
plenty of shops scattered about  :y

--- End quote ---

Thanks,  :y I'd looked at machine mart, nearest to me is Swindon or Luton I believe.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version