Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good news for Opti  (Read 2651 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Good news for Opti
« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2019, 19:02:50 »

Just make sure that before you hit the Send button in your teleporter, that there are no flies with you in the chamber!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2019, 10:54:24 »

Teleportation should solve excessive amounts of traffic on the roads. :) ::)

Just as long as there isn't a fly in the machine when you step inside.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2019, 11:13:23 »

Echo chamber?  ;D

Ron.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2019, 11:16:38 »

The revolution has already started, and for our young it will be a reality and they will laugh at us and our internal combustion engines :D ;)

And we can laugh at them for everything they are missing out on (heart, soul, passion, noise, smell, involvement) while they stare at however they consume electronic media by then as the world crumbles around them.

Just like those who cherished the horse mocked those who believed in the new fangled steam engine, then car. ;D ;D ;D :-* :y

Yes and when all the control systems are all brought down through various hacks and the World collapses into chaos i'll be fine to get around on my horse (*). Also, during the Cold War period some steam trains were stored for potential  use if the balloon went up, as long as some tracks existed you only needed something that would burn to throw in the firebox...

(*) I may need a different horse by then!  :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2019, 11:53:06 »

The revolution has already started, and for our young it will be a reality and they will laugh at us and our internal combustion engines :D ;)

And we can laugh at them for everything they are missing out on (heart, soul, passion, noise, smell, involvement) while they stare at however they consume electronic media by then as the world crumbles around them.

Just like those who cherished the horse mocked those who believed in the new fangled steam engine, then car. ;D ;D ;D :-* :y

Yes and when all the control systems are all brought down through various hacks and the World collapses into chaos i'll be fine to get around on my horse (*). Also, during the Cold War period some steam trains were stored for potential  use if the balloon went up, as long as some tracks existed you only needed something that would burn to throw in the firebox...

(*) I may need a different horse by then!  :D

Ah, that story ;D ;D ;D ;)

As a railway enthusiast I am aware of the stories back then about British steam engines, probably 9F's, being stored at some secret army location. At the time different "reports" hinted on tunnels, or massive sheds, being used to store them. Later it was proved to be an absolute myth, and that "dump" never existed, as the railway community could trace every steam locomotive ever built, through it's in service period, to eventual disposal, usually to scrap yards.

In fact if normal diesel locomotives could not do whatever was necessary, the steam engines already, and then still coming into use, on preserved railway lines would have provided the back up needed.  In reality though, steam engines with all their running requirements and maintenance schedules, would never have been able to provide any real assistance to a country decimated by nuclear conflict.

The enthusiast community loved those stories though, and it occupied many feet of railway publications pages with us all wondering what loco's could possibly be stored, and arguments taking place about the suitability of each class! :D :D ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.