Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Megamos interior light wiring  (Read 2919 times)

ati88

• Hungary
    • Vectra
    • View Profile
Megamos interior light wiring
« on: 29 May 2017, 10:04:58 »

Hi all,

I've got a "Megamos" interior light unit with map lights (2x). It has a 9 pin connector. I'd like to install this into my Vectra A which only has 2 pins to connect (12V, GND).
I couldn't find any wiring diagrams for this light unit and so far I could only "reverse engineer" two pins: 12V and GND for the main light part.
The unit looks like this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Nzk0WDE2MDA=/z/QrIAAMXQUaJRm0Vh/$T2eC16JHJGsFFMsZgL3rBRm0VhERGQ~~60_1.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTL6RBP8tdcL39Q~~/s-l300.jpg

It has two serial numbers: GM 09104492 (the case) and 70505013004 (electronics).

What I found out is that this light unit used to be shipped with Omega B's, that's why I'm here.
If anyone could provide me a pin layout or any circuit diagram that would be a great help!

Thank you a lot!

Regards,
Attila

ati88

• Hungary
    • Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: Megamos interior light wiring
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2017, 16:01:12 »

So I found a wiring scheme for the Omega here: http://www.vectra16v.com/slp/slp_omega_b_mj01.pdf
On page 14 I found some very similar 9 pin connector with 5 light bulbs (I've got 4 only).
According to the wiring if I apply 12V on pin 9 and GND on pin 1, two of the lights turn on. That's okay.
However I can't figure out the reading/map light stuff with the press buttons. It should be something like pin 8 goes to GND and pin 2 to 12V, but thats not enough.

ReLLaXX

• Romania
    • Opel Omega B, Sedan, 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2017, 20:55:50 »

So I found a wiring scheme for the Omega here: http://www.vectra16v.com/slp/slp_omega_b_mj01.pdf
On page 14 I found some very similar 9 pin connector with 5 light bulbs (I've got 4 only).
According to the wiring if I apply 12V on pin 9 and GND on pin 1, two of the lights turn on. That's okay.
However I can't figure out the reading/map light stuff with the press buttons. It should be something like pin 8 goes to GND and pin 2 to 12V, but thats not enough.

If you can wait a few days I will get the car back and will be able to measure each pin on the spot. If you dont find a solution until then I will be glad to help.
Considering the fact that there is no absolute truth... I may be relatively... right!

ati88

• Hungary
    • Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2017, 21:54:17 »

Sure, I can wait. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

ati88

• Hungary
    • Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2017, 12:09:24 »

If you can wait a few days I will get the car back and will be able to measure each pin on the spot. If you dont find a solution until then I will be glad to help.

Hi!
Did you happen to have some time measuring the pins? I'm still looking for help!

Vega

• The Netherlands
    • Omega Saloon 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2017, 13:52:30 »

9=Red=12V constant
8=Braun=grond
2=Black=12V ignition
1=Grey/Black=from Central locking, turns on the light.

ati88

• Hungary
    • Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2017, 18:30:24 »

Thank you Vega! That was helpful!
I did a truth table for these four pins: pin 1, 2, 8 and 9 and for my Vectra A I'm going to need:

pin 1 - to be connected to the current GND cable (this is switched from open doors / light switch)
pin 2 - to be connected to the current 12V cable (this turned out to be constant 12V)
pin 8 - to be connected to constant GND, like from chassis
pin 9 - to be connected to the current 12V cable (this turned out to be constant 12V)

Will wire it tomorrow and see how this theory works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.