Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: bugger  (Read 11172 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
bugger
« on: 22 January 2016, 08:27:52 »

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: bugger
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2016, 08:47:43 »

Looks like boot lid, bumper and some of the small lights around the bumper trim.

The beemer that did it had both headlights, bumper and bonnet firked :o

It was a fair old whack too.

Arse >:(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2016, 09:10:37 »

Bugger indeed. Insurance will write that off then  :'(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2016, 09:34:48 »

Darn! >:(

You need to get a towbar!

If none of the structure is damaged, then it might be an easy DIY fix. Insurance route will see it written off, of course, so don't let it out of your sight if that's not what you want.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2016, 09:45:45 »

Yeah that's probably the route to take.  Assessed at home, written off, bought back and repaired.  I can't let it go away for assessment asI need it for work.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2016, 09:58:14 »

You and me in the same boat, brother!

All I can say is it's been about 4 months and I've still got a heavily stoved in wing and door, and I've so far got a hefty £90 in my bank account, with the remaining £500 excess yet to be paid, because the third party isn't accepting liability. Amazingly. I genuinely wish you the best of luck. As far as I can see, all the 3rd party has to do is not accept liability.. ever, and then the poor sod who gets hit doesn't ever get any money. Easy. So if you went to court charged with triple murder, say 'I didn't do it, judge' then they let you off 'ah well, he can't be lying, can he?' Bizzarre!!!

Might be able to source you a tailgate, (star silver) but the guy probably needs it to keep his car watertight, so to speak... unless he'd swap yours for his, maybe? Hmmm... that's a thought - let me know if you get stuck sourcing a tailgate, yes?
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2016, 10:16:54 »

His is a company car, so I dont know how it will work out, hopefully easier than the rigmerole you are going through.  I wont be going through my insurance unless Ican help it that's for sure, going on experiences here Ithink that would be the worst COA.

First step is getting the boot open as it is firmly stuck right now :-[

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2016, 10:22:38 »

If you sit tight for a day or two, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd party insurers contact you and ask you what you want to make it right. They haven't got a leg to stand on as far as liability is concerned, so will want to minimise their costs, and if they can cut your insurer out of the loop that's a lot of costs gone.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2016, 10:31:20 »

I hadn't thought of that, certainly a good strategy.  The car drives and is road worthy.  I will have to give it a few days anyway before I see what happens to the tender neck I have right now.  It feels like I have played a match of rugby propping against a massive front row.  Hopefully it will be nothing but a stiff neck in the morning.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2016, 10:46:32 »

Unless the lock has physically smashed and jammed, I'd have thought someone inside pushing/kicking whilst you press the pushlock should shift it.

Looking at the damage I'd guess the back panel has been pushed in a little, so some fettling would be required to pull the rear panel/lock rearward to meet correctly with the new tailgate. By fettling I mean spansets attached to a tree, which you ratchet tight to bend and pull the rear panel back into line! But fingers crossed the issue lies with the soon-to-be-replaced tailgate  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2016, 11:07:46 »

Only a tin can buddy. At least you're ok, if a little sore ;)

As for the car... Who does he work for? No contesting liability, unless you brake tested him ::) so highly likely that the third party will want to settle with you directly. Just inform your insurers (just in case) that it has happened and that, at present, it is an information only call because you intend to deal with the third party.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2016, 12:18:03 »

I had this happen about 5 years ago and got a call from the 3rd party insurer as I walked in through the door!

They offered to bring me a courtesy car round there and then until I explained that mine was drivable.

Certainly get your neck sorted, mind. Emma had a small shunt like that over 10 years ago now. Bit stiff the next day but thought nothing of it. She's been suffering back problems ever since. :(

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2016, 14:11:36 »

His is a company car, so I dont know how it will work out, hopefully easier than the rigmerole you are going through.  I wont be going through my insurance unless Ican help it that's for sure, going on experiences here Ithink that would be the worst COA.

First step is getting the boot open as it is firmly stuck right now :-[
Bring it over tomorrow  :y

It might be different colours, but it will be fixed :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 January 2016, 14:21:17 »

As a meerkat once said, simples!!  :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 January 2016, 14:22:41 »

Also beware that if you succeed in opening the tailgate, you might not get it to close again. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.