Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: bugger  (Read 11194 times)

05omegav6

Re: bugger
« Reply #15 on: 22 January 2016, 14:25:10 »

Also beware that if you succeed in opening the tailgate, you might not get it to close again. ;)
Rear panel is easily tweaked as required, but tricky to assess with the boot closed  ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 January 2016, 13:20:10 »

Any updates Guffers? 3rd party called yet?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2016, 15:09:01 »

Not yet.  I have his insurance details from askmid so I might call them on monday and just say "what's the deal?"

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 January 2016, 16:21:10 »

same happened to me recently.  third party insurer contacted me, offered to fix car, offered a loan car.  didn't delivery anything, then claimed they'd fixed the car even before they'd inspected it.  Now they are not responding to correspondence at all - which is foolish because it will go to court for full loss

Keep all evidence, witness statements etc etc and treat it as if it may go to court from day 1 - when the insurers cotton on it is a low value claim they'll hope you go away.

good luck
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 January 2016, 16:46:11 »

Askmid came up with Summit at Llyods as the insurer.  Not sure on how good/bad they are, time will tell.  I haven't touched the car yet but I have to keep using it for work.  I have all the photos from the scene including his bashed up beemer and he has been in touch today to confirm he has sent the details to his fleet insurer.

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2016, 16:50:15 »

Askmid came up with Summit at Llyods as the insurer.  Not sure on how good/bad they are, time will tell.  I haven't touched the car yet but I have to keep using it for work.  I have all the photos from the scene including his bashed up beemer and he has been in touch today to confirm he has sent the details to his fleet insurer.
Was insured with them... Found them ok for dealing with things, but was a bit pissed when they made the Omega a cat C and then told me ::) especially as it was non fault...

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2016, 23:09:53 »

Well the best I can hope for is  CAT D, however I cannot see it warranting a CAT C.

Mind you just had my first problem with the boot lid.  It is technically open, but of course jammed solid so the interior light was on.  I pulled the fuse but the battery was still flat this evening.  In all honesty it could have been flat after the interior boot light being on all night on friday (I only noticed it on Sat morning) but if I have pulled fuse 12 but the boot is open does it still drain the battery?

If so I could be in for a great week......

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2016, 23:46:40 »

Well the best I can hope for is  CAT D, however I cannot see it warranting a CAT C.

Mind you just had my first problem with the boot lid.  It is technically open, but of course jammed solid so the interior light was on.  I pulled the fuse but the battery was still flat this evening.  In all honesty it could have been flat after the interior boot light being on all night on friday (I only noticed it on Sat morning) but if I have pulled fuse 12 but the boot is open does it still drain the battery?

Tailgate switch controls nothing but the boot light :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2016, 00:09:32 »

Tailgate switch controls nothing but the boot light :y

So it must have been already flat when I pulled the fuse.   I will take the charger just in case.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 January 2016, 21:05:11 »

So, an update.

I called his insurance company because Igot tired of waiting for them to call me, only to find out that.....get this......he was contesting liability..... :o

They were thus going to investigate.  Ok, I said. I wanted to avoid going through my insurance but this leaves me no choice. Ta Ta.

20 minutes with M&S insurance and the claim is pretty much sorted.  They took all the details of the accident, the damage and my neck injury.  They informed me that they were going to go ahead and that it was likely beyond economical repair, semi-agreed a pre-accident value so all that is left to do is arrange for the physical inspection, the final value and the buy back price.

Oh, and then fix the ruddy thing.  At least Ican use the left over cash to fit the interior I was planning and put the rest toward a new 2nd hand outboard :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 January 2016, 21:14:27 »

... only to find out that.....get this......he was contesting liability..... :o ...

How?  :o You reversed into him?  ??? ???

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 27 January 2016, 21:15:30 »

... only to find out that.....get this......he was contesting liability..... :o ...

How?  :o You reversed into him?  ??? ???
Yes. Like the Welsh lady on iplayer.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 January 2016, 21:16:41 »

It seems to be 21st century U.K. No-one can accept they are ever in the wrong, never mind accepting responsibility and consequences of their wrongdoing.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 January 2016, 21:19:06 »

I honestly dont know how he will try and fight it.

With any luck it will go to court and I can ask to see his phone usage logs ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 January 2016, 21:20:29 »

Yes. Like the Welsh lady on iplayer.  ;D

She was no lady  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.