Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Makes my blood boil  (Read 1624 times)

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
Makes my blood boil
« on: 30 January 2016, 10:45:17 »

Can't post a reply in the "V6 gearbox wanted" thread so will do it here.It's the guys money and car so he can do what he wants with it.He didn't ask for the smartarse comments from the members who seem to think because they post a lot they have Carte Blanche to bore me and others with their opinions.
Rant over  :-*

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Makes my blood boil
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2016, 10:51:45 »

People have offered, very sound advice based on years of experience, if said op seems to know better then, so be it, don't expect people who offered advice to stay quite,
Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2016, 16:33:41 »

People have offered, very sound advice based on years of experience, if said op seems to know better then, so be it, don't expect people who offered advice to stay quite,
Quite ;)

As to the Op, 95 more ppsts and you can type anywhere you like  :-*

T.m.f

• 4wd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2016, 23:10:33 »

Looks like i missed another thread about this subject,is english so hard to understand these days or maybe newbies want to be admin  :-X ;D
1996 300tdi manual discovery,the weekend mud toy and tin tent tower

The devil child ,aka mk2 2006 1.6 tdci focus

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2016, 00:11:42 »

What you on about cannot see the thread  :-[ :-[

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2016, 09:46:21 »

It's here http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=134306.0
11 pointless replies and counting.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2016, 10:54:14 »

I think sometimes it does pay to look at it from the perspective of the 'guy that's just walked in the room'

You walk in the crowded room, say 'Hi guys' everyone else bursts out laughing. You're not in on the joke, and it may not be about you or malicious, but you don't actually know that at the time.

The guy will discover that a well-sorted Omega which needs nothing doing for £600 ish quid is a bargain, vs a £250 car which will swallow up £1000 in no time unless you happen to know the keycode for a Vx Dealer's Spares Dept back door. However, it's up to him, it's his project, and I wish him luck; and also will continue to offer help because that's what this forum's all about.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2016, 11:08:54 »

I think sometimes it does pay to look at it from the perspective of the 'guy that's just walked in the room'

You walk in the crowded room, say 'Hi guys' everyone else bursts out laughing. You're not in on the joke, and it may not be about you or malicious, but you don't actually know that at the time.

The guy will discover that a well-sorted Omega which needs nothing doing for £600 ish quid is a bargain, vs a £250 car which will swallow up £1000 in no time unless you happen to know the keycode for a Vx Dealer's Spares Dept back door. However, it's up to him, it's his project, and I wish him luck; and also will continue to offer help because that's what this forum's all about.  :)

That's been a problem on here for years sadly.

If you can put up with the snine shit and hang around here long enough, you learn that they is about 10 or 15 truly switched on lads on here who really know there stuff.
One or two are bordering on "god like knowledge" when it comes to the Vauxhall Omega.
These are the lads who's words you can take as gospel.
Sadly, they are a hell of a lot of clingons who just because they have clocked up stupid amounts on the post count front think they have the right to preach and scream the text from the guides like they are quoting a passage from the bible and god help any oppser who dares to disagree or put there point of view across  :(

Sad really  :(

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2016, 11:22:40 »

........will continue to offer help because that's what this forum's all about.  :)

Amen to that.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 03 February 2016, 11:27:01 »

What makes no sense to me is that every reasonable suggestion, including the choice of car has been either dismissed for being too far away/too expensive to buy or insure which makes modification unviable (C20let route... incidentally still the preferred route to reliable power) or simply ignored... which begs the question why bother to ask for advice or opinion in the first place. :-\

ted_one

« Reply #10 on: 03 February 2016, 11:31:05 »

Eleven pointless replies...really?? I've read them a few times and I  don't think I've ever had a 'pointless reply' on this forum. BUT what I will acknowledge is the countless replies that I have had which have contained useful tips/information/offers of practical help/spare parts etc  :y If I had been in the position of the OP ....perhaps I might have sought opinions on here....digested said advice and perhaps slept on it for a few days.And then either trekked south either to Serek's for the job to be done ...properly by the experts or travelled a little further south to Chris's place and brought his ex plod car.Yes, a bit of a road trip but a few hours drive and a couple of hours kip in a lay by would have seen a proper result achieved. Possibly :-\
« Last Edit: 03 February 2016, 11:32:57 by nitro »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 February 2016, 11:58:14 »

........will continue to offer help because that's what this forum's all about.  :)

Amen to that.  :y

Edit to my above comment:

I was agreeing with DBG's comment but now realise that this thread is linked to another thread that I haven't even read through, so my response may have looked like I was responding to this thread with an opinion.  ::)
Ignore me, I'll go back to sleep now.  ::) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 February 2016, 13:01:27 »

'Taint a worry  :)

Someone's agreed with me, and it's only February, so I'm pretty chuffed!  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ted_one

« Reply #13 on: 03 February 2016, 13:07:34 »

Also why throw good money at a 20 year old car,by frigging around changing the mode of transmission,just go and spend your hard earned on a more modern comparably sized manual transmissioned car and be happy. Omegas are for 'lost souls' who love to flay their selves on a daily basis and bang their heads against the nearest wall and enjoy it....me being one of that breed,had fifteen years of it ...sort of getting to quite like it now!  ??? :o
« Last Edit: 03 February 2016, 13:19:39 by nitro »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.