Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idiots  (Read 1439 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Idiots
« on: 03 February 2016, 18:58:17 »

There's a road into/out of town which although a dual carriageway is still a 30m.p.h. limit.This road has 4 side roads off it, 3 sets of traffic lights and a pelican crossing.Tonight on the inside lane was a '05 plate Mondeo which must have been clipping 50m.p.h.,over taking this was a '59 plate Megane and a 10 plate XF.The XF being not 10feet behind the Megane.How stupid do some people need to be to be indulging in this sort of driving?

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Re: Idiots
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2016, 21:12:26 »

I do find myself laughing at some of the daft antics that go on.
How about being passed on a similar road by a pink Fiat, which then turns sharp left in front of me.
Only problem for the Fiat seemed to be the one-way road she was illegally entering & the  cop bike meeting her head-on. I went from WTF to punching the air. My work mate in the van behind then saw her waiving the cop out of the way & tooting her horn  ;D ;D ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2016, 07:05:38 »

I do find myself laughing at some of the daft antics that go on.
How about being passed on a similar road by a pink Fiat, which then turns sharp left in front of me.
Only problem for the Fiat seemed to be the one-way road she was illegally entering & the  cop bike meeting her head-on. I went from WTF to punching the air. My work mate in the van behind then saw her waiving the cop out of the way & tooting her horn  ;D ;D ;D

One of the reasons I love driving the plain car, the amount of 'tools' you see on the road beggars belief!

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2016, 09:11:27 »

Last week I had to go up to Serek's place a couple of days on the trot,I got onto the M4 at six in the morning heading London bound and I was appalled at the speed and tailgating  that goes in that early morning rush to get into London.If TVP were to stick a couple of unmarked unit's out at that time they could have a 'shooting fish in barrel' situation, catching all the thickos that who will inevitably end up causing the usual rush hour rear enders.Thing is you never see any police vehicles on the TVP stretch of the M4...unless there is a big crunch,bit sad really as I think that their presence is needed to remind the public that UK roads are not the lawless places that they seem to be turning into,and let's face it the police have a duty of care to the rest of the law abiding road users who go about their business without taking the piss!!

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2016, 12:10:52 »

Old bloke this morning was revving the nuts of a toyota mpv thing trying to park it outside the hospital . Thought it was going to melt the engine  :( Eventually parked it after a 20 point turn . Young bloke wearing a baseball cap in a civic thing was not amused waiting and spun his wheels in annoyance giving the finger sign on passing  :(
Omegatitis

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2016, 12:22:59 »

I tend to ignore tailgaters, sometimes even taking pleasure in making the stupid bastids slow down.
But after dark is a different thing altogether. All you get is bright lights shining in your rear view mirror, sometimes these led thingies. You have no idea what the vehicle is, whether the driver young, old, male or female. It makes me apprehensive, and that leads to annoyance and then to anger. Then we have a situation where we have a plonker right up someone's arse (nice :-*) and an irate driver in front debating whether to slam his anchors on or not.
Very dangerous situation.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2016, 13:40:47 »

I'm with you on this, Stemo; but in daylight, as you say - too many nutters about otherwise!
I usually reduce my speed to the level required by the distance that they choose to maintain between us, as recommended in the Highway Code!

Ron.

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2016, 13:57:23 »

Deliberate or unnecessary heavy braking arguably constitutes dangerous driving... doing so knowing that an accident might ensue is, at best, retarded. Especially when you take a step away from the situation to consider who is more likely to be seriously injured... I'll give you a clue, it won't be the tailgater ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2016, 14:16:21 »

Deliberate or unnecessary heavy braking arguably constitutes dangerous driving... doing so knowing that an accident might ensue is, at best, retarded. Especially when you take a step away from the situation to consider who is more likely to be seriously injured... I'll give you a clue, it won't be the tailgater ;)

.. Whereas gently coasting down to a good margin below the speed limit and ensuring you have a healthy braking distance ahead, to account both for your reaction time and "cap-on-backwards" behind, is just common sense.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 04 February 2016, 14:17:11 »

.. Whereas gently coasting down to a good margin below the speed limit and ensuring you have a healthy braking distance ahead, to account both for your reaction time and "cap-on-backwards" behind, is just common sense.
Indeed :y

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 04 February 2016, 14:39:19 »

God, you're a master of stating the bleedin obvious, Al. If only we were all as sensible as you.  ;D

ted_one

« Reply #11 on: 04 February 2016, 15:00:20 »

The problem also is that we all know that you should leave a reasonable gap to allow for braking, how many times does it happen that some bright tosser cuts across the front of you to take a late exit on a motorway, and when you check your mirrors....there's a clear gap behind you which would have been a far safer bet if the moron had the brains to figure it out! >:( Again a strong case for a dash cam, because when the brown stuff hits the fan it'll will every one elses fault except for the selfish arrogant retard who drives with their head firmly inserted into their anal cavity :o

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 February 2016, 15:07:31 »

I thought that was what I was saying, Kevin, in reducing my speed to an appropriate level, as stated?

Ron.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 February 2016, 15:17:06 »

I thought that was what I was saying, Kevin, in reducing my speed to an appropriate level, as stated?

Ron.

Yes, me too. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #14 on: 04 February 2016, 21:57:31 »

I was responding, in part, to Stemos suggestion of contemplating standing on the brakes ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.