Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOT passed  (Read 478 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
MOT passed
« on: 19 March 2015, 22:32:35 »

Like terbert, my 2.5 estate passed its MOT with flying colours yesterday, tester said it was the most comfortable car he had ever sat in, and remarked how free of rust it was. My thanks to ajshead, member of this forum and car's previous owner.
Tester and I parted on good terms, I had just bought 6 tyres from him which I slung in the back, I drove the car away. Then I discovered he had somehow opened the front central ashtray and jammed it open. I got it home and struggled to close it again. The ashtray bit would not go back in, eventually I managed to extract a length of white plastic, then I was able to pull down the sprung ashtray cover and remove the ashtray. I cannot see how to reasemble it. It does not matter as none of us are smokers. I imagine the white bit is part of the ashtray illumination system. Does anyone know where it goes?

05omegav6

Re: MOT passed
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2015, 23:34:12 »

There's a sprung flap, clear strip lives there. Said flap catches on bottom edge of aftermarket radio facia causing the very chaos you describe :y

A strategically placed strip of speed tape soon sorts it...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: MOT passed
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2015, 07:56:08 »

Good news on the pass terry paget, an ashtray should be easily sorted, though facelift ones are very fragile  :(
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.