Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No wonder my council tax has hiked  (Read 3799 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: No wonder my council tax has hiked
« Reply #15 on: 15 March 2020, 19:46:32 »

Council tax increases pay for staff pensions and 1% pay rises, It's just a form of indirect tax to keep income tax low, I hate to think what income tax would really be, without indirect taxation.
Hoof'land storeman.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 March 2020, 19:47:25 »

:y :y :y

Also, let us remind them that it's OUR money they are spending, not theirs.

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 March 2020, 19:58:05 »

Ron.
Good luck with that.  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2020, 08:07:28 »

Ron.

Taxes are a bit like marriage..

What's yours is theirs and what's theirs is theirs  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 March 2020, 17:29:17 »

Nothing to do with travelers or HS2! ::) ::) :P
It is 100% due to the influx of Pikeys that are expected to build this waste of money. And they started back in December, but had to pause in order to get more money to cover it.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 March 2020, 17:34:02 »

Ron.
Ah, but people who like the sound of their own voice believe that making it 30 minutes quicker to Manchester (other Northern cities are irrelevant as our state Broadcaster only cares about Manchester) - not that Phase 2 from Lichfield to Manchester will ever get built, will make people commute 6hrs a day to work in London, at £200 a day, not including the £200 taxpayers will fund for each ticket.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 March 2020, 18:36:38 »

Ron.
Ah, but people who like the sound of their own voice believe that making it 30 minutes quicker to Manchester (other Northern cities are irrelevant as our state Broadcaster only cares about Manchester) - not that Phase 2 from Lichfield to Manchester will ever get built, will make people commute 6hrs a day to work in London, at £200 a day, not including the £200 taxpayers will fund for each ticket.

Yeah, I struggle to see how making it marginally easier to commute to London is going to help the North. Only thing it might do is make their houses as unaffordable as the shoe boxes in the South East. ::)

Still, now we haven't got a regional airline any more... ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 March 2020, 19:27:39 »

Don't think that bit of fencing will stop them. :)
If they move stuff to get on common land, it becomes trespass, and the ol' bill can move them on straight away. If they don't, you have to go through a 3 week legal process to move the scum on. Same applies to footpaths etc

That's why you are currently getting farmers parking scrap cars across all the gateways.

I know a lass who works for an adjoining County Council, in Gypsy Services.  This whole department is not about assisting the pikeys, but moving the lazy, disgusting, thieving pikeys on. So even more tax payers money. Great.

Unless one of them is pregnant or has health issues, in which case they can't move them regardless of who's land they are on. the wooden fences won't do a thing, they'll claim it was already broken.

We had the same situation at the park behind us a couple of years ago, was a nightmare and cost us - the council tax payer to get the place cleaned up.... aparently smearing dogshit all over the childrens play area is acceptable as we have to understand that they can't help their behaviour.

Anyway, what seems to keep them out is big ditches and mounds.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 March 2020, 19:54:51 »

If they move stuff to get on common land, it becomes trespass, and the ol' bill can move them on straight away. If they don't, you have to go through a 3 week legal process to move the scum on. Same applies to footpaths etc

That's why you are currently getting farmers parking scrap cars across all the gateways.

I know a lass who works for an adjoining County Council, in Gypsy Services.  This whole department is not about assisting the pikeys, but moving the lazy, disgusting, thieving pikeys on. So even more tax payers money. Great.

Unless one of them is pregnant or has health issues, in which case they can't move them regardless of who's land they are on. the wooden fences won't do a thing, they'll claim it was already broken.

We had the same situation at the park behind us a couple of years ago, was a nightmare and cost us - the council tax payer to get the place cleaned up.... aparently smearing dogshit all over the childrens play area is acceptable as we have to understand that they can't help their behaviour.

Anyway, what seems to keep them out is 12 bore shotguns.

FTFY Andy!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 March 2020, 20:01:52 »

Anyway, what seems to keep them out is AK- 47,s.

FTFY Andy!  :)

FTFY Tigger.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 March 2020, 21:35:26 »

As I found out at my previous employer, the only way to move them on is to jam their Sky TV signal. :-X

Sadly, they didn't take the human excrement they dropped on the car park with them.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 March 2020, 21:43:24 »

As I found out at my previous employer, the only way to move them on is to jam their Sky TV signal. :-X

Sadly, they didn't take the human excrement they dropped on the car park with them.

There was an Austrian painter a few years back who dealt with them rather well,, but whose  name I can't remember, he ran a club that began with Third. ::)
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 March 2020, 06:17:38 »

Disco polo broadcast loudly from a drone at 3am should do it. Especially if it's the same song on repeat.

Rebecca Black would be equally effective.

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 17 March 2020, 09:06:24 »

Rebecca Black would be equally effective.

It's only Tuesday, though..  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 March 2020, 09:20:00 »

Which would be even more annoying  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.