Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single use subs drugs trade  (Read 1466 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Single use subs drugs trade
« on: 26 November 2019, 17:34:21 »

Anyone been following the latest twist in the drugs trade into Spain and then rest of Europe?

The police have seized 3000 kg of top quality cocaine that arrived by home made 22 metre long sub  that has come from South America with a two or three man crew.

The suspicion is that the sub at the end of its voyage is scuppered after the crew and drugs are unloaded. Single use submarine , each costing £1.5 million. The seabed off Galicia might be littered with them! Cant post the link but search Elpais in english  drug trade. Will get you there.

About ten years ago a drugs gang built a sub in Andalucia and then transported it by road to Galicia for accepting drugs from ships offshore. They must have been naffed off when the police nabbed it.

Tourists regularly film what looks like holiday makers having fun arriving at high speed in small boats with many outboard motors to outrun anything the police have. They then nonchalantly unload drugs from Africa and drive off.

Drugs is big business!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Single use subs drugs trade
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2019, 21:55:10 »

Over here there are regular occurrences of several hundreds of kilos of Cocaine washing up on beaches, usually dog walkers come across them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/10/50-million-worth-cocaine-washed-norfolk-beach/

Not sure I could turn my back on £50 million easily but how would I get rid  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2019, 22:04:43 »

Over here there are regular occurrences of several hundreds of kilos of Cocaine washing up on beaches, usually dog walkers come across them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/10/50-million-worth-cocaine-washed-norfolk-beach/

Not sure I could turn my back on £50 million easily but how would I get rid  ;D
I'm sure you could tempt some of your clients. Perfect cover.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2019, 10:51:13 »

The Daily Mail claims that it is the first ever drugs shipment made by submarine, but it probably just the first one they've found.  ::)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7726701/Spanish-police-resume-efforts-tow-drug-submarine-port.html
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2019, 11:36:42 »

I wonder about the pay and conditions of being the sub crew on the journey from South America to Spain.

The subs wont be built for comfort or safety particularly, just to do the single voyage . The suspicion is they are then scuttled.

Do our Navies not listen in for underwater craft? Urban myth has it that we , in Britain, can say what ship has just left a port solely from its “ sound footprint”.  Would a military sub flag it as an unknown or just smile?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2019, 11:54:20 »

They could put the sub on eBay when they've finished with it. Someone would buy it.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2019, 13:04:17 »

They could put the sub on eBay when they've finished with it. Someone would buy it.

there would be plenty of people sniffingaround it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2019, 13:23:14 »

The cartels have been using these to get various things into the States, and every time a more traditional route is closed, they simply get more creative...
Onanists always think outside the box.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2019, 18:40:21 »

And who do we know that loves shopping on eBay, and wants world domination, be the start of the OOF navy,,,,, and I do believe we have a few trained members, with RN experience :D
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2019, 10:19:04 »

And who do we know that loves shopping on eBay, and wants world domination, be the start of the OOF navy,,,,, and I do believe we have a few trained members, with RN experience :D

it would be the first thing he bought off Ebay to be what he expected, and delivered on time. Might damage the letter box, though.....

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 November 2019, 11:44:03 »

it would be the first thing he bought off Ebay to be what he expected, and delivered on time. Might damage the letter box, though.....

Out glorious leader has experience of modifying his house, so putting a larger letterbox in shouldn't be a problem :D
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.