Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat deterrant  (Read 6018 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Cat deterrant
« Reply #30 on: 12 October 2015, 23:22:04 »

That sounded like a good idea to me Alan, but same as you, I did have the winter thought.
I'll probably try an electronic sounder (or two). As long as it does not affect my birds, although I think the pitch is different on the ones I looked at in STEMO's link :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 October 2015, 00:01:52 »

You better come and live here, Alan  :y

Are you lot taking the p*** about this urine thing. And where the hell am I going to get lion poo. Why lion poo??

I think its going to be a midnight vigil with hose and Nerf gun.

Would you go into a garden if you thought there was a Lion roaming around  ;D

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 October 2015, 02:23:06 »

Go to nearest, wildlife park, and ask for some lion poo, place around garden. Remove and repeat

Our little chap's got the errant cat situation under control here:

8)
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 October 2015, 12:22:05 »

Having researched this a bit for our garden (after the next door's flea magnets have turned me from ambivalent to being an avid cat-hater) I understand that there are very limited options that work on a permanent basis. These are:

A) Get a cat of your own
B) Get a dog
C) Lethal or Catch-release methods of control

Everything else seems to work for a while but then they get used to it. We are going for (B) given that (A) is more adding to the problem than anything else and (C) is something I wouldn't ever contemplate no matter how much I hate the little sods. Oh and its also illegal.

TBH it really p!sses me off that people have cats in an urban environment knowing full well they will cr@p on other people's property catch and kill wildlife, climb on cars and generally make a nuisance of themselves. Just seems symptomatic of how little consideration people have for others.

ted_one

« Reply #34 on: 13 October 2015, 14:17:09 »

Most of what you describe, regrettably humans do most of that, BUT in a much larger and more destructive way.......and this is a subject...which has previously  been done to death,SO....I'm away to read this weeks edition of The Pig Breeders Weekly and listen to The Archers. Might pop back later and see if it's back to being the Omega Owners Forum ::) and will be offering some tips on how to make the shape of an Omega out of a privet hedge with topiary and how to starch your carpet slippers back into shape after the dog has eaten them and chucked them back up .....NOT!!! I've got a life :)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 October 2015, 14:41:54 »

Most of what you describe, regrettably humans do most of that, BUT in a much larger and more destructive way.......and this is a subject...which has previously  been done to death,SO....I'm away to read this weeks edition of The Pig Breeders Weekly and listen to The Archers. Might pop back later and see if it's back to being the Omega Owners Forum ::) and will be offering some tips on how to make the shape of an Omega out of a privet hedge with topiary and how to starch your carpet slippers back into shape after the dog has eaten them and chucked them back up .....NOT!!! I've got a life :)

Classic post of the week  :y :y
lmao    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 October 2015, 14:44:06 »

I don't think so.  You own 3 Omegas...  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 October 2015, 15:29:56 »

Love this :D:y

TBH I concluded a long time ago that I work a lot better when isolated from most other people (and doubtless they feel the same way). I just need to work out a way to work from home and I'll be all over it!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.