Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MV6 springs  (Read 3994 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: MV6 springs
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2017, 10:50:02 »

I have a front set still attached to the fromt legs left from my MV6 i broke. The car had only done around 90 thousand. Yes there up for sale if your interested that is.

This cars a keeper so whatever I end up doing i'll be using new parts  :y
Appreciate the offer though  :)

ajsphead

• Intermediate Member
  • North Somerset
    • Omega 2.2 DTi estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2017, 11:58:03 »

Eibachs/B4s on mine and even fully loaded I've never had a problem with rear end dragging. Springs feel much stiffer. I'd ignore the drop that the book says as it measures new against new, not against old shagged springs. Mine dropped about 20mm all round, but by different amounts across each axle. Now it's level side to side and with the right ratio front to rear, before it wasn't.
Now I can control the front end with the throttle much more easily and can feel a sharper turn in. Toyed with the idea of double rear top mounts but in the end found they weren't needed.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2017, 14:30:52 »

Ideally what you need TG is the Heavy Duty Estate springs and Self Leveling system from a low mileage Ex Police Estate.  :y :-\

But, good luck in your search, by the way have you inquired whether GM hold any stock of the above?, theres probably an old Box of them kicking around somewhere in some remote Police Maintenance Depot or even Millbrook.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2017, 19:04:07 »

Ideally what you need TG is the Heavy Duty Estate springs and Self Leveling system from a low mileage Ex Police Estate.  :y :-\

But, good luck in your search, by the way have you inquired whether GM hold any stock of the above?, theres probably an old Box of them kicking around somewhere in some remote Police Maintenance Depot or even Millbrook.

I sold mine, and am now kicking myself, but the springs did go to an oof'er.

All cars that were tested at Millbrook, were preped at gm svo in biggleswade, which is no longer there, tvp car use to go to Kempston work shop, met used venison automotive, some were even serviced by local gm dealers.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 December 2017, 10:26:19 »

TB, always thought TBE was elite spec or are we talking about the sadly deceased Bullet ?
TBE has been through many specs, from pure Elite, to fully Irmscher lowered/chavved, to how it is now (which is how the Bullet was set up).

Front - Irmscher sprung, OE/Bilstein B4 damped
Rear - Standard Omega sprung, OE/Bilstein B4 damped

(New OE shocks and B4 shocks are pretty similar, though in my experience, the B4s maintain better damping for longer).

I would not entertain the idea of lowered (Irmscher/Eibach etc) rear springs, then fighting to bring it up to a working height with spacers. I found it didn't really work, both from a praticality point of view or from a handling point of view.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 December 2017, 10:28:19 »

Eibachs/B4s on mine and even fully loaded I've never had a problem with rear end dragging. Springs feel much stiffer. I'd ignore the drop that the book says as it measures new against new, not against old shagged springs. Mine dropped about 20mm all round, but by different amounts across each axle. Now it's level side to side and with the right ratio front to rear, before it wasn't.
Now I can control the front end with the throttle much more easily and can feel a sharper turn in. Toyed with the idea of double rear top mounts but in the end found they weren't needed.
That shows how bad the old springs had got, rather than how good/suitable the new ones are.  But you've certainly improved on how it was :y
Grumpy old man

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 December 2017, 11:30:05 »

Okay, since all the B4's and the rear standard height / allegedly heavy duty springs are low millage, its Eibach for the front then see were I am at after a full setup  :y

As always, thanks for the info / opinions lads  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 December 2017, 15:38:50 »

Okay, since all the B4's and the rear standard height / allegedly heavy duty springs are low millage, its Eibach for the front then see were I am at after a full setup  :y

Check ride height is same each side, as that will go a long way to proving they are still very serviceable :y
Grumpy old man

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 December 2017, 12:34:58 »

Check ride height is same each side, as that will go a long way to proving they are still very serviceable :y

Will do  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.