Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speedometer and rpm gauge  (Read 944 times)

makeitsnappy

• east texas
    • 98' catera
    • View Profile
speedometer and rpm gauge
« on: 20 October 2014, 23:01:16 »

I've got a problem when I connect the battery back up after performing a repair the rpm gauge doesn't work and the speedometer just jiggles up and down on zero. I had originally turned the key ignition to "on" position but not start for 4 minutes to reprogram sunroof,windows,a/c...ect. I then turned the key to the off position and then started it up and that's when I realized the speedo & rpm gauges where not working. So I shut the car off and turn the ignition back to "on" and waited 4 min. again, and this time with out turning key off I turned key to start and the engine started up and rpm gauge started up and speedometer was steady(not jiggling). So today I start it up and no rpm's and speedo just sits on zero jiggling again. I performed a 4 min. key in "on" position and then to start but it didn't fix it :'( I have a 98' Cadillac catera but its actually a Opel Omega, can someone help me figure out the source of this problem :( It does it just about every time the battery gets disconnected for a good period of time, but it eventually starts back to working again sometimes not until you drive it around for a few days. I thinking maybe its time to figure it out before it completely stops working :-\   

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: speedometer and rpm gauge
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2014, 23:39:16 »

Try reseating dashboard ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2014, 00:46:16 »

Failing that, you'll need a new one :-\

Gauge cluster that is...

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2014, 09:03:35 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.