Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New car help  (Read 4098 times)

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
New car help
« on: 12 January 2016, 21:28:40 »

Hi all,I went out today to look at a possible new omega estate for sale close to me.I did notice a few things about it that I thought didn't look right.Firstly the key only 2 buttons my current omega has 3.Secondly the windscreen wiper stalk was not the same as the indicator type but slimmer more rounded.Your thoughts please!!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: New car help
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2016, 21:56:46 »

Hi all,I went out today to look at a possible new omega estate for sale close to me.I did notice a few things about it that I thought didn't look right.Firstly the key only 2 buttons my current omega has 3.Secondly the windscreen wiper stalk was not the same as the indicator type but slimmer more rounded.Your thoughts please!!

Estates don't have an electric boot release, so a 3 button remote would be pointless.

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2016, 22:01:01 »

As Nick says wrt the remotes...

Wiper stalk etc depends on age and model... Needs specifics to give a proper answer... :y

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2016, 23:24:27 »

3.2 elite estate 2002

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2016, 23:39:46 »

3.2 elite estate 2002
Ok that explains it... They (later Elites) have auto wipers... This works on the intermittent position instead of traditional intermittent, the other two settings are the same on steady and on fast. But no need for the variable wheel and no MID controls (these are on the radio facia) hence the thinner stalk. Indicator stalk is thicker as it has the cruise switches on the end.

Hth :y

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2016, 07:39:07 »

Thanks! I've learned something new.I wonder why they didn't do an electric rear lock release?

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2016, 07:41:44 »

By the way this car had no service history at all.Do you think Vauxhall would share it provided it was serviced by them of course?Fee?

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2016, 08:15:40 »

By the way this car had no service history at all.Do you think Vauxhall would share it provided it was serviced by them of course?Fee?
You might be lucky and find that the it was serviced from new by the same dealer and that they haven't changed hands in the last fifteen years and keep all their records...

Unlike Volvo, Mercedes and BMW, Vauxhall don't keep centralised service records.

Did the car seem looked after? Anything in the service book? Much rust/body damage? What was the state of the interior?

Budget for cambelt, wishbones, service as these will all need doing in the first year and pay what you think is a fair price based on the condition of the rest of it, or walk away... personally if it looks ok and drives/goes ok then I would buy it... 3.2 Estates are a rare beast now ;)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2016, 09:53:36 »

Thanks! I've learned something new.I wonder why they didn't do an electric rear lock release?
In a nut shell tail gate is at the wrong angle when closed and is too heavy so a lot of fuffing around to do.

On the Estates, depending how you key the lock on the rear door, you can open the tailgate by using the remote fob, ie unlock the car, or you can have it always locked irrespective of the fob action, you also open the the tailgate with the key without unlocking the rest of the car. 

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2016, 17:09:45 »

Are you looking at this one.....it seems to be quite clean. Fair mileage, too
Hope it does you proud if you go for it. But as others say....budget for the usual ;)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601099930031?body-type=estate&radius=1500&postcode=bh207nz&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&sort=default&search-target=usedcars&model=omega&make=vauxhall&page=1&logcode=p
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2016, 19:48:29 »

Yes, that's the one but and there is a but it has 3 old mot's and that's it!!! An old scruffy looking manual no case or car pass,the locking wheel nut socket was in the glove box loose.Its very close to me but at that price too much of a risk i think!!! Only 70 days mot as well!

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2016, 20:13:35 »

Yes, that's the one but and there is a but it has 3 old mot's and that's it!!! An old scruffy looking manual no case or car pass,the locking wheel nut socket was in the glove box loose.Its very close to me but at that price too much of a risk i think!!! Only 70 days mot as well!
get them to Mot it...

That said, Mot history is, um, interesting :-X
« Last Edit: 13 January 2016, 20:18:07 by Harris K Telemacher »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2016, 20:22:04 »

Audi Symphony Cd Player
Huh? :-\ it says NCDC2013 on the headunit............
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2016, 20:53:12 »

Hasn,t gone very far over the last 2-3 years has it. :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2016, 21:20:40 »

Hasn,t gone very far over the last 2-3 years has it. :-\
Apparently not...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.