Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear heated window cold problem!  (Read 1274 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Rear heated window cold problem!
« on: 14 January 2016, 17:58:15 »

Hi fellow oofers! I have not contributed on this forum for quite some time. However, since the temps up here have taken a dramatic downward spiral ie: -6c last night and double figures forecast over this weekend!
This morning I had to scrape windows and started the old girl up, and switched on both demist and heated rear windscreen. There was a slight noise when I turned on the HRW and it slightly made a difference to the engine revs but would not stay on.
However, this evening when the temps had gone up slightly the problem did not appear!
Any idea chaps?

Cheers
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Rear heated window cold problem!
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2016, 21:47:30 »

I guess it's possible that the climate panel disables the rear screen if the battery volts drop too low. Maybe that was it and the battery has now recovered?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Re: Rear heated window cold problem!
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2016, 09:57:39 »

Thanks Kevin! The battery is only 3 months old, a Bosch, so good quality. Is there a relay in the boot area as the noise seemed to come from that area? Of course with the temps up to 12c the demister switches on without any problems.
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.