Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Goings On!  (Read 4535 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Strange Goings On!
« on: 09 February 2016, 12:09:20 »

Hi guys! after the rear screen problem (which has not happened again) other strange things things are happening. I noticed that the small led in the rear door locking switch on drivers door was lit. Also the electric windows worked without the key in the ignition switch, the courtesy door lights do not come on when doors are opened. Any ideas guys?? TIA  :y
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

05omegav6

Re: Strange Goings On!
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2016, 16:12:02 »

Hi guys! after the rear screen problem (which has not happened again) other strange things things are happening. I noticed that the small led in the rear door locking switch on drivers door was lit. Also the electric windows worked without the key in the ignition switch, the courtesy door lights do not come on when doors are opened. Any ideas guys?? TIA  :y
Please read the manual ;)

Windows still work for a short while after the ignition is switched off... the led on the safety switch should go out when the steering wheel controls switch off. This might take ten minutes.

The rear courtesy lights only come on when...
1. the relevant switch is in the central position...
And...
2. when the relevant door is opened...

Hth :y

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2016, 20:20:46 »

Cheers HKT!
Windows still work for a short while after the ignition is switched off... the led on the safety switch should go out when the steering wheel controls switch off. This might take ten minutes.
 But this was overnight when I went out to the car! (unlocked!) This was observed this morning! As Kevin Wood suggested in my last post re: back window defrost/demist maybe my battery charge might be low.  Checked battery with DMM no problem.     
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2016, 20:49:08 »

Cheers HKT!
 But this was overnight when I went out to the car! (unlocked!) This was observed this morning! As Kevin Wood suggested in my last post re: back window defrost/demist maybe my battery charge might be low.  Checked battery with DMM no problem.   
Early facelifts have a function whereby the windows can be operated with the drivers door open iirc... Thought it was dropped as part of the 2001 update though :-\

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2016, 09:33:39 »

Hello again! The same problem this morning. LED on door lock switch on, courtesy lights do not come on when door is opened and electric windows work without key in ignition. When I start the car with the drivers door open the courtesy lights come on! Battery voltage well down this morning.  :-\ :-\

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2016, 19:28:44 »

Dodgy driver`s door pillar switch :-\
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2016, 10:08:22 »

Can't see it being that Rob! I will check it though. Is there a timer somewhere that maybe fried? Cheers!

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2016, 10:54:17 »

Could be the consumer relay playing up but not sure where it lives... Drivers kick panel rings a bell :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2016, 11:26:20 »

Could be the consumer relay playing up but not sure where it lives... Drivers kick panel rings a bell :-\

Behind the fuse boxes, I believe. Little strip with 3 relays on it. Servotronic ECU, Delay relay and accessory socket relay. The Delay relay is triggered by any of the door switches, ignition switch and central locking ECU, if memory serves.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2016, 11:21:18 »

Back again! Kevin when you say BEHIND the fuse boxes, do you mean take out the fuse box (2 phillips screws) and the three relays are up inside? Can't find the damned things. Checked drivers door pillar switch Rob, operating OK. Drain on battery now 1.2 Amps with neg post disconnected and car been sat in 2 inches of snow overnight!!  :(

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 14 February 2016, 15:25:15 »

Does the current drain drop with the headlight switch removed?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2016, 16:03:08 »

Back again! Kevin when you say BEHIND the fuse boxes, do you mean take out the fuse box (2 phillips screws) and the three relays are up inside? Can't find the damned things. Checked drivers door pillar switch Rob, operating OK. Drain on battery now 1.2 Amps with neg post disconnected and car been sat in 2 inches of snow overnight!!  :(

Yes, if you remove the trim panel above the driver's feet and look up you should see them.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2016, 13:27:50 »

Hi guys! Thanks HKT, I pulled the switch out and voila! There is no voltage drain of the battery. The courtesy lights come on when the door is opened and the electric windows do not work. Also the drivers seat electrics do not work when there is no key in the ignition as was happening before. Thanks Kevin, I now know where the relevant relays reside. I had an issue with the headlight switch about a couple of years ago and acquired another, so I did not think it was that. I have bought another from E of the Bay. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers guys, OOF triumphs again!!  :y :y

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2016, 13:41:55 »

Had a similar issue with the white one... drain was traced to either the cabin/dash feed or the plod wiring... both suggesting a couple of amps... disconnected the plod supply and the drain didn't change... only common loom item is/was the headlight switch as both main beam and fogs are wired to the plod distribution board...

Changed the switch and no further issues... so fault was either within the switch unit itself or the fog light switch...

Fingers crossed that you're sorted :y

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 February 2016, 13:40:10 »

Back again guys! I received the said switch this morning and plugged it in. The door courtesy lights come on when the drivers door is opened but the courtesy lights beside the mirror do not come on! I had this problem before when the first switch went wonky, but the lights were staying on all the time so I removed the 4 lamps inside the unit. (before anybody says anything I have put the lamps back in!) Everything else seems to be ok. Any ideas?  :-\ :-\   
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.