Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to quit  (Read 3845 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Trying to quit
« on: 13 January 2013, 07:50:38 »

Last October as it approached yet another birthday I made the decision to try and quit smoking.I discounted the idea of quit smoking aids,as all said willpower was required and I figured that if I had the willpower to quit I didn't need such aids,and if the willpower was lacking the aids would be of no use.Anyway I have in those months since October cut down from 80 a day to a mere 10,and this morning at 1.30 whilst out with the dog I smoked what will hopefully be my last fag.Here's hoping!

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to quit
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2013, 08:08:24 »

Good luck - just beware eating more, food seems a lot nicer without cigarettes!
Or beware my fault which was eating sweets  :( :(
Means I'm a smoke free fat sod now ;D ;D
best wishes
Simon.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2013, 08:50:24 »

Jeez 80 a day :o I'm trying to get off 20 a day using an electronic ciggy which works quite well. I wish you the best and think of the cash you will have, £25 a day by my count.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2013, 09:11:51 »

Best of luck guys. Been ten years since I kicked it. I went to an Alan Carr seminar paid for by my company. I still do have the very occasional ciggie but it's a social thing I've normally had large amounts of JD in the build up. Honestly we're talking less than 3 a year.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

OOMV6

« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2013, 09:14:52 »

Last October as it approached yet another birthday I made the decision to try and quit smoking.I discounted the idea of quit smoking aids,as all said willpower was required and I figured that if I had the willpower to quit I didn't need such aids,and if the willpower was lacking the aids would be of no use.Anyway I have in those months since October cut down from 80 a day to a mere 10,and this morning at 1.30 whilst out with the dog I smoked what will hopefully be my last fag.Here's hoping!

That's great. Credit to ya. One observation though. Get rid of the word "hoping". Change it to a definitive "I have stopped". It helps.

Rog

« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2013, 09:24:16 »

I had been a smoker for pretty much most of my life, my parents had a tobacconist shop ! I never smoked in the house or in front of the kids.

In April 2012 I was outside in the garden havin' one, and I just decided to stop, no particular reason or motivation. That was my last. Now it's less than a year, and yes I do get the occasional urge, but so far . . . .  :y 

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2013, 09:39:42 »

Best of luck Baza. :y

cleggy

« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2013, 10:08:06 »

Persevere it is worth it. :y :y
I gave up 5 years ago with the help of the NHS scheme and patches reducing the nicotine levels over a period of time.
Best thing I ever did, wish I'd never smoked in the first place, 40 years!! all the money, damage to health and fitness.
You'll do it  :y :y

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2013, 10:14:05 »

best of luck :y

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2013, 12:21:50 »

Even after nearly 28 years, the want of a fag still pops up now and again, and at very odd times. I went to a hypnotist, one session, £10 and that was that. I left a packet with half a dozen in it in the glove box as a just in case. 6 months later I threw them out. all the best to you in this, just think how much more you can spend on the Mig with the money you will save :D ;D :y
Keith B

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2013, 13:28:56 »

Was going on holiday, just pulled away, and said,'I have not got my baccy tin'..Threw it in the glove box, never smoked from that day on.....and never wanted one, even when people blow their smoke over me. >:(

Fraid I have gone the other way, as most ex-smokers do, and create when there is a smell of baccy smoke blowing around
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2013, 14:11:01 »

I'm on roll ups now and halved my cost as well as my intake. Tomorrow i have to stop drinking completely to support my g/f who has to pack up. its make or break now. i could walk away and leave her to kill herself so can only do my best.  :(

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2013, 14:50:59 »

I smoked 40 a day and stopped through sheer will power and always carried a wee bottle of pure orange juice just to sip when the urge of the dredded fag reared its ugly head,,,and it did the trick for me and 30 years later so glad i packed it up... :y

albitz

« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2013, 14:54:38 »

One day at a time - like any addiction.The thought of never having a smoke/drink/fix etc. ever again can be too much to deal with,so just go without today,and then try to do the same tomorrow. :y
I first tried to stop smoking when I was 17.It took me until I was 40 (almost 13 years ago) to crack it.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2013, 15:56:39 »

Good luck  :y

80 a day? Must cost few quid to smoke that many. Put aside what they would have cost you each day & at end of each month or something treat yourself with a gadget or similar :)  :y
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.