Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone speak Northern?  (Read 6247 times)

Lincs Robert

Re: Anyone speak Northern?
« Reply #30 on: 23 April 2017, 19:32:48 »

I've only been to Buckinghamshire once. To appear at Beaconsfield magistrates court for being naughty on the M40. Very leafy, very quiet.

..................and very, very expensive!! :D :D ;)

Expensive for STEMO or houses, or both?

We were only about 5 miles from Beaconsfield, so more of the same really. They have an excellent model village there.

I knew Beaconsfield and Gerrards Cross back in the early 1990's, and the house prices then made me shudder.  Talk about THE place to live to the West of London!  :y

Do you recall the "interesting event" which occurred when they were building the Tesco over the railway line?
Well worth a Google if you aren't aware of it  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 April 2017, 19:40:53 »

I've only been to Buckinghamshire once. To appear at Beaconsfield magistrates court for being naughty on the M40. Very leafy, very quiet.

We were only about 5 miles from Beaconsfield, so more of the same really. They have an excellent model village there.

I knew Beaconsfield and Gerrards Cross back in the early 1990's, and the house prices then made me shudder.  Talk about THE place to live to the West of London!  :y

Do you recall the "interesting event" which occurred when they were building the Tesco over the railway line?
:-*
No I do not recall that.  Can you give me more info please?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 April 2017, 19:43:26 »

It was only the Chiltern Slug.  TBH, buses are probably faster than their trains :P ;D

I do always think to myself, I hope it holds, every time it goes dark on the Slug.
Grumpy old man

Lincs Robert

« Reply #33 on: 23 April 2017, 19:48:51 »

They decided to build a new Tesco over the Chiltern railway line, its in a cutting there. They used a "new" technique to line the resultant tunnel. After the backfill with soil started the tunnel failed - the line was closed for months whilst it got sorted! Nobody hurt but some embarrassment by the civil engineers.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 April 2017, 20:03:33 »

They decided to build a new Tesco over the Chiltern railway line, its in a cutting there. They used a "new" technique to line the resultant tunnel. After the backfill with soil started the tunnel failed - the line was closed for months whilst it got sorted! Nobody hurt but some embarrassment by the civil engineers.

Thanks for that LR :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 April 2017, 22:47:33 »

Broken... Well slightly ruined...  :-[

Not been sick, but it were daylight when I passed out...
Onanists always think outside the box.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 April 2017, 16:47:09 »

Im Northern, from the proper northern parts of Lancashire...... not them namby pamby Yorkshire folks.... they only think they're northern....

You Southern poof!

I went to Glasgow once, subcontracting CCTV installations and got called that there too....??

You up in Teeside (besides a proper Lancs accent) have the best accents .... I might be confusing myself with 'Geordies' there too though...?
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 April 2017, 17:39:50 »

I work with lads from all over the place nowadays and have a nasty habit of picking up accents without knowing it  :-\

Its nearly got me into a spot of trouble on a couple of occasions with people thinking I was taking the piss  :-X :-X ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 April 2017, 17:51:28 »

Three weeks ago my flat, amongst others, had an electrical inspection, with new socket faces, switches, and light fittings installed.

The two electricians were lads from Liverpool; they came down on the Monday, and went back Friday.  They had, as you would expect, great Liverpudlian accents. 8) 8) 8) :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 April 2017, 17:59:08 »

How do you say in Northern, Can I have a pint of shandy please?  :-\                                              ::)                                                    :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 25 April 2017, 17:59:43 »

How do you say in Northern, Can I have a pint of shandy please?  :-\                ::)                          :D  ;D
You don't.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 April 2017, 18:18:57 »

How do you say in Northern, Can I have a pint of shandy please?  :-\                ::)                          :D  ;D
You don't.

Ah I've heard that you can't get a decent pint of shandy anyway.  :-\  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 April 2017, 18:48:52 »

You don't.
You're not wrong... Bar opens at 11, first order, "What you avin?" Beer please...
Gin and Tonic duly arrives, followed by a vodka and coke  ::)

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25 April 2017, 20:42:46 »

Nice to read that in the UK you have the same daily difficulties, I have here in Germany. I am a northern man from the North Sea strand. Born in Bremen grown up under liberal hanseatic tradition.

Now I live deep down southwest. OK, the weather is fine, can have a barbecue in the garden, sometimes in midwinter.

But I do not understand the language here. It is called "Badisch" and has around some corners something to do with German. :o
Rolf (nordic by nature)
I am not forced to drive an old Omega. I simply like it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 26 April 2017, 00:49:59 »

It would transpire that I might actually need to learn Polish
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.