Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: wheels-inmotion open day - 25th May  (Read 16357 times)

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
Re: wheels-inmotion open day - 25th May
« Reply #90 on: 25 May 2008, 16:58:40 »

Well impressed with new setup. Nice to meet other forum members

And thanks  to 'The Boy' for gearbox update.

Great day.

PS: The update makes the gear change a lot better. But WIM only 6 miles away not a lot of testing  :y
« Last Edit: 25 May 2008, 19:16:37 by iggy21uk »
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

Big_Al

« Reply #91 on: 25 May 2008, 17:43:10 »

Back from WIM open day. Good turnout - looked like The OOF had the most members present (16 Cars I think) :y :y :y

Met most of the members present, and a jolly friendly bunch they were indeed. TheBoy, Mike Dundee, Kevin Wood, JohnnyCBoy + his SWMBO ,Beconboy , Vista, Gary FFC & Robbo  to name a few.( Sorry for the other names I can't remember :-[ :-[)

OOF'ers did OK in the free raffle, myself coming home with a complete car CD stereo with front & rear speakers ;D ;D ;D

Even my SWMBO was impressed & enjoyed herself.

Lastly, made some headway for the cambelt party- should be about 4-5 weeks. firm date will be announced ASAP :y :y

And very lastly , Thanks to Mike Dundee for the oil & filter :y :y

Regards, BIG AL
« Last Edit: 25 May 2008, 17:44:53 by Big_Al »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 25 May 2008, 17:43:38 »

As iggy said .. WIM did us proud ... nice setup and a good open day ..:y :y

about 20 odd Miggys  turned up ... nice to put faces to screen names.

Good day out and the gearbox upgrade is good ... really good  :y :y :y

Got a couple of glitches with the climate upgrade ... but it seems to be slowly sorting itself out  ....

Many thanks to TB for his efforts, hope you feel better soon ..now REALLY looking forward to the Lakes  :y :y :y

:)
« Last Edit: 25 May 2008, 17:44:04 by entwood »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 25 May 2008, 18:10:48 »

Good day, really good to put some faces to names!

Impressive number of Omegas turned up.... I'm just waiting for someone to post some pictures!  :y

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 25 May 2008, 18:14:08 »

Couldn't let it go without adding my thanx to all at WIM for a well organised open day. Very very impressed with the set up and how friendly they all were, and also took time out to explain any procedure you asked about. Good to see a large turnout of OOF members as well, desipe the downpour in the morning, and put faces to names. My elite seemed more like a speedboat at times on the way over. Big thanx to TB as well for the upgrade. Have a few hop juices tonight mate. You earned them! Definately going back to get set done when funds allow. Thanx again to all. :y

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 25 May 2008, 18:47:25 »

Yes!! Good turn out today as said before, despite the weather. Glad to put names to forum usernames as well. Thanks to TB for checking and adjusting my idle for me (I think it was adjusted anyway) seems to run abit better now, thanks TB!  :y Well going to have a look at the lakes post now to see the dates and see what I can arrange. (its good being the boss as I can sort things out!! he he he he) So lets see what I can do, I WILL BE TAKING THE CARAVAN TB if I can make it.

Paul  :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

less

• Hemel Hempstead
    • 2.6 auto saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 25 May 2008, 22:39:23 »

Hi all, what a good turnout despite the weather!

It was good to put a few faces to names. OOF was well represented with lots of tidy looking Omega's. We were definitely NOT outdone by the 'rice burners'  8-)

Many thanks to WIM for a good day, nice to see Tony again and also quite a nice surprise to see that Mark (ex Kipling) has joined Tony in his new venture! Very impressive setup Tony, with lots of cutting edge technology. Another surprise on the day was the pair of Shelby Mustangs out front which looked incredibly similar to an identical pair owned by by brother-in-law.......I had no idea that he was aquainted with Mark and Tony or that he was attending today!  Small world sometimes!

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 26 May 2008, 11:15:38 »

As already said, great meet you guys yesterday, Many thanks To WIM for a great day,  the missues done alright out of the raffle.  
Many thanks to TB for the gearbox update, it makes a massive difference to the car.  Anyway hopefully be able to make the lakes dependent on work commitments, but see what i can do.  Oh yes the pictures would be nice to see if any one has any.

:y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 26 May 2008, 11:41:20 »

There are some piccies in the gallery ...  courtesy of Mr Dundee I believe .. :)

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1211740195

and in general chat courtesy of  sir ffcgary ..

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1211739802

nice piccies of mine I have to say .... already nicked copies of those  !!  :)
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 11:45:46 by entwood »

wheels-inmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 26 May 2008, 11:42:17 »

A big "THANK YOU" from wim..... A superb show of support from all the clubs for our grand opening despite the appalling weather.

Special thanks to E55EX RACER, Theboy and WOZZA who went that extra mile to promote this event in their respected clubs, i think the number of members at wim says it all.

Additional thanks to Monster Mat for the "unexpected" and extremely entertaining Drifting in the Monster....and Bazza who displayed the "pocket rocket" really is a rocket on Noz....and then some!!

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to NickT who bought the Deloerian for our centre piece display car on the Geometry rig... In fact the car overwhelmed our equipment on a interest scale.

Note to self: Get a Lada on the Geometry rig next time.

That's it.... A fantastic day thanks to you all, and a brilliant show of members, i want to hug you all.

Next up is the knowledge day meets?......What's that?

The knowledge day meet is club specific. Each club needs to agree a Sunday date (excluding the last Sunday of each month) where we will (by lucky dip) calibrate members cars free and display/explain what this Geometry lark is all about.

This won't be quite the wine and dine as the open day but still a £85 freebie for each car calibrated and a meet to boot, plus we wil feed and water you....

In addition i will have two, two posters available if any projects are going on.... No "wet work though" oil and alike, plus the car/s will need to be booked for H&S and insurance reasons... Please pm/Email me on this topic.

Thanks again everyone
Regards
Tony@ wim

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 26 May 2008, 12:28:54 »

Sorry for the late reply - been tucked up in bed with a bad dose of man flu ;D

Just wanted to add my thanks to the WIM team for arranging a fabulous day, feeding and watering us, getting the TV working for those who wanted to watch the Grand Prix (I know the aerial had to go up in a hurry ;D), and showing off the equipment and capabilities.

Was good to meet Tony and Mark again, albeit just a quick hello/goodbye, and good to meet the new Tony (2 Tony B's is confusing!) :y

As well as a big thankyou to WIM, I'd also like to thank the OOF members who made it, despite the weather.  A fantastic turnout.  Not sure if we beat LOC on club member turnout, but impressive none the less :y :y

So thankys to all for making it an enjoyable day, and roll on the knowledge day, I can't wait :D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.