Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2,0 stumbles  (Read 3193 times)

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
2,0 stumbles
« on: 26 September 2019, 23:01:21 »

Coming home from work tonight the normally very reliable 97 2,0 16v estate had problems. Fired up as normal an ran good the first 3-4 km then it stopped pulling completely and just jerked whenever i applied throttle. Had to be very gentle on the throttle to avoid it stalling. Would barely keep 80 km/h. Also stalled in an intersection when clutch applied. After 10 km of just barely being able to move the eml came on. Just made it home. Paperclipped it and got 0340 camshaft sensor incorrect signal. Would this indicate a bad camshaft sensor or could the code be caused by all tve jerking and stumbling from the engine and the fault might be something else?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: 2,0 stumbles
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2019, 23:24:44 »

That code is pretty reliable on the four cylinder.

Wouldn't hurt to check the belt timing though, just to be sure :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2019, 17:18:41 »

Changed the cam sensor today. Eml went out and car ran fine on the test drive:) So now all is well again. I know its not recommended but i fitted a sensor from an aftermarket supplier. Not the super cheap eBay type, but from one of Norways biggest chain of aftermarket parts and independent garages. Checked with the Opel dealer first but part with rectangular connector was discontinued. They would sell me the oval connector part for 280£ and an adapter loom to make it fit the car for an extra 120£. Must be ordered from Germany. Didnt like the price and could not wait for that long. Hopefully the aftermarket sensor will keep working for some time.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2019, 19:39:26 »

Have a rummage on US ebay with the original GM part number ;)

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2019, 19:49:16 »

Thanks will do. Car seems OK for now but nice to have original part if problem should return. Kept the original faulty sensor. Noticed it was manufactured by Siemens.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2019, 21:58:29 »

Thanks will do. Car seems OK for now but nice to have original part if problem should return. Kept the original faulty sensor. Noticed it was manufactured by Siemens.
Most the sensors on the Omega petrol are Bosch or Siemens  ;)

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2019, 01:13:57 »

In this case the cam speed sensor is Siemens. Probably says 'Siemens 5WK9 055 1' on the original. You can get a genuine Siemens sensor here for £18.99 + postage. Correct connector and Siemens part number. This is exactly the same part as originally installed on the car.

That said I suspect that Continental VDO have obsoleted these parts and the remaining stock is being sold off. In that is the case then you probably won't be able to order one via Opel AG in Germany for much longer.

As for the loom adapter cable, €120 is taking the Micky. You can buy an Intermotor re-branded sensor complete with the loom adapter cable for £7.50 here.

MCU

• Sweden
  • Best driving vehicle and the caravan is BIG
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2019, 12:34:44 »

i have the same issue on my car. It,s a 2.2l 16v year 2000. whre is that sensor loacated and where on this site could i buy it ? . I will hook up odb2 of cousre. tha car also has a clutch issue and cambelt replacement is overdue. which could cause the same problem i understand. there is also an iducation of mechanicla issues with the clutch as well audible signs that i could find a real mess when i remove the gearbox to swap out he clutch. But exactly where are these parts sold by Omega Owners members. I recently voughht the car and has to limp it home 280km running like a pice of crap and crunching through the gears. It was a only 250 gpb though...

2011venator

• WISBECH
    • Omega 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2019, 13:32:22 »

i have the same issue on my car. It,s a 2.2l 16v year 2000. whre is that sensor loacated and where on this site could i buy it ? . I will hook up odb2 of cousre. tha car also has a clutch issue and cambelt replacement is overdue. which could cause the same problem i understand. there is also an iducation of mechanicla issues with the clutch as well audible signs that i could find a real mess when i remove the gearbox to swap out he clutch. But exactly where are these parts sold by Omega Owners members. I recently voughht the car and has to limp it home 280km running like a pice of crap and crunching through the gears. It was a only 250 gpb though...
I checked the ebay one quoted and it does not fit the 2.2 16v according to the ebay filter. Like me MCU you probably thought you were buying a bargain although I paid a bit more for mine.
I hope you can get it sorted it is for me a case of how much I can or want to spend on a vehicle, good thing about my purchase is it is in stunning condition bodywise and engine and gearbox seem excellent so far too just steering issues to get on top off.  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2019, 13:41:30 »

Changed the cam sensor today. Eml went out and car ran fine on the test drive:) So now all is well again. I know its not recommended but i fitted a sensor from an aftermarket supplier. Not the super cheap eBay type, but from one of Norways biggest chain of aftermarket parts and independent garages. Checked with the Opel dealer first but part with rectangular connector was discontinued. They would sell me the oval connector part for 280£ and an adapter loom to make it fit the car for an extra 120£. Must be ordered from Germany. Didnt like the price and could not wait for that long. Hopefully the aftermarket sensor will keep working for some time.
As the cam sensor doesn't normally cause a major issue on the 2.0/2.2 Omegas, I'd be inclined to see how it goes TBH, giving the cost of the genuine one.

If it gets as bad at previous - which is unusual to be honest - simply disconnect it to get you back home :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2019, 13:44:58 »

In this case the cam speed sensor is Siemens. Probably says 'Siemens 5WK9 055 1' on the original. You can get a genuine Siemens sensor here for £18.99 + postage. Correct connector and Siemens part number. This is exactly the same part as originally installed on the car.

That said I suspect that Continental VDO have obsoleted these parts and the remaining stock is being sold off. In that is the case then you probably won't be able to order one via Opel AG in Germany for much longer.

As for the loom adapter cable, €120 is taking the Micky. You can buy an Intermotor re-branded sensor complete with the loom adapter cable for £7.50 here.
Its a brave, brave man who buys a branded item of egay, and expects it to be original.

Given that, according to repeated reports and surveys, 90% of branded items sold on ebay are fake, it would be the absolute last place I would buy a branded item from, when there are so many other places to buy them at reasonable costs.  And if I wanted a fake one, ebay is, as always, way too expensive.
Grumpy old man

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 October 2019, 15:20:41 »

I checked the ebay one quoted and it does not fit the 2.2 16v according to the ebay filter. Like me MCU you probably thought you were buying a bargain although I paid a bit more for mine.
For clarity. The part that I linked to is for earlier 2.0 16V. This has a square sided connector and is not intended for and won't fit on a later 2.0 or on a 2.2.  MonzaGSE who started this thread told us his has a square sided connector.

This earlier part is long obsolete and was replaced with an oval sided connector version. This oval part can be retrofitted to the earlier engines but requires a loom adapter cable, seemingly €120 in Norway. However the same cable, Intermotor branded, can be had on ebay if you buy the Intermotor part I also linked to. Throw away the Intermotor sensor and just use the cable if you want to.

The early Siemens part I linked to is original factory fit, supplied through the Continental VDO channel, for earlier 2.0 16V X20XEV engines.

The 2.2 16V cam sensor is GM part #90520850 which is manufactured by Siemens with part #5WK96052 (5WK9-605-2). This is not the same part as used on any version of X20XEV.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 15:26:57 by Enceladus »

MCU

• Sweden
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 October 2019, 08:21:02 »

tkhs a lot Enceladus !
 my laptop is acting up so i have not gotten the error codes yet..

MCU

• Sweden
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 October 2019, 14:15:39 »

i just posted a new topic that might be related to this. All the data is there if you guys cold help. i also would like to know what you mean by papercliped it to get home. the error log said camshaft sensot but the fault code does not reappear after i cleared error log
here they are before deleting.
Total number of fault codes: 7

P1650 - Service Vehicle Soon Light Voltage Low
 (04) - Present

P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit No Signal
 (04) - Not present

P0500 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit Incorrect Signal
 (08) - Not present

P0170 - Rich Exhaust
 (01) - Not present

P0136 - O2 Sensor 2 Open Circuit
 (04) - Not present

P1612 - Immobiliser No Or Wrong Signal
 (00) - Not present

P1613 - Immobiliser No Or Wrong Signal
 (00) - Not present

only remaing code now is P1650 - Service Vehicle Soon Light Voltage Low
 (04) - Present

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 October 2019, 15:41:54 »

That's the spanner light. Does it come on with the ignition? If not, then it needs a bulb...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.