Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for geometry set-up Cambridgeshire/Lincolnshire/Norfolk Border  (Read 1968 times)

2011venator

• WISBECH
    • Omega 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile

Hello Any recommendations for set up track camber etc around the PE13 area (Wisbech).
Cheers Omegians

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

Orbit tyres Rushden
 https://www.orbittyres.com/

Tell them what settings you need,  make sure you un-seize all the rear adjusters, and fit new track-rods to the front, if you want to go all out, new rear do-nuts and front top mounts.
Hoof'land storeman.

2011venator

• WISBECH
    • Omega 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile

Orbit tyres Rushden

Tell them what settings you need,  make sure you un-seize all the rear adjusters, and fit new track-rods to the front, if you want to go all out, new rear do-nuts and front top mounts.
Thanks Big Griffin 100 mile round trip though for me hoping to find someone closer if I do take the plunge, never had much faith in the local mob of kwik fitters and the like.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

Orbit tyres Rushden

Thanks Big Griffin 100 mile round trip though for me hoping to find someone closer if I do take the plunge, never had much faith in the local mob of kwik fitters and the like.

A 100 mile trip in an omega is just a stroll, take the wife and drop her at the shopping centre. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

Witham Essex too far ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2011venator

• WISBECH
    • Omega 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile

Orbit tyres Rushden

A 100 mile trip in an omega is just a stroll, take the wife and drop her at the shopping centre. :y

That is true Big G, but after a lifetime of motorway work I try my hardest to keep miles to a minimum these days. If I feel like having a drive (which is rare these days, a bit like lots of things at my age  ::)  ) I take other more sporty options out of the garage  :D

2011venator

• WISBECH
    • Omega 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile

Witham Essex too far ?

Bit to far but thanks for the thought anyway comrade.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile

Give EMG at Spalding a call , I'm pretty certain they did the set up on my Hyundai & I never had any problems with them.01775 715875
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

The key with the Omega is *NOT* to use the official GM figures for front camber, as that *WILL* knacker your front tyres very, very quickly, on the inner shoulder.  The GM figures are too aggressive on camber, and also too wide.

Obviously, all alignment centres use the GM figures.

A member here - wheels-inmotion - calculated the correct figures to us.  I'm against publishing his figures, as he runs an alignment business, and his time and hard work is up to him to give away.  But if you search around the forum, I'm sure you can find it.  Or ask him on his own forum at https://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php
Grumpy old man

2011venator

• WISBECH
    • Omega 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile

:y
Give EMG at Spalding a call , I'm pretty certain they did the set up on my Hyundai & I never had any problems with them.01775 715875
  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.