Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 129250 times)

Davies

• South Wales
    • VW Golf
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #450 on: 15 March 2020, 23:31:26 »

Isn't Costco like bookers cash and carry ?
so shops , clubs, pubs etc go to buy bulk because they need bulk to supply to customers

NHS staff could join with proof of ID. They also did tyres and used to get the Omega tyres there as it was cheaper than most of the other drop in and wait places for that size tyre. The problem with the bulk buy food is that you end up with too much. In the end I let my membership lapse.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 15 March 2020, 23:36:50 »

Likewise Steve >:(

None of all that pompous, self-righteous panic mongering bullshit does anything to guarantee that I will have a job at the end of this week, let alone the end of the month...

Rationally, I know that this is a short term problem, but it's difficult to stay positive when certain people think that they know better than anyone else. Especially when I know full well that if my Mum, like many others gets it, then it will almost certainly kill her.

If you're so oppsing clever Rods, then perhaps you should better spend your time doing rather than spouting :-X

That is what I've been doing today on a normal day off. Your situation isn't unique & it has hit the travel insurance market big time, as there are lots of areas of uncharted territory, lots of worried passengers, some travelled & some due to travel, where nothing like this has happened before, all creating massive amounts of additional work. ???

An example: Some airlines are giving refunds, but others aren't, only new dates once you can fly again.

In 2015 I had a serious viral infection, which infected my eyes, I lost the use of my right arm through nerve damage, but I eventually gradually got that function back. It took me 10 weeks to beat the virus & long term it has left me partially sighted, with my right eye only just above the level of blindness & I can't read with it & wear an eye patch when working where is distracts my better eye. Everyday for me, life is more difficult & challenging as a result, but I have no choice but to get on with it. I'm well aware from personal experience on how dangerous viruses can be. You can go & get another job but I can't get another optic nerve for my right eye!
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #452 on: 16 March 2020, 07:14:51 »

Change of tack for me today. I'm getting a bit fed up listening to the doomsayers, many of whom are just actually making stuff up, without any real evidence to back it up. I will watch the one o'clock and ten o'clock news, not the rolling news channels that are usually on in the background, and I will try to get on with my day as normal.
Even in the so-called worse case scenario, most of us will come out the other side, not harmed by the virus, but severely harmed by the overreaction to it.
Fretting about what might happen has become a national pastime, I'm out.

I'll be glad when this is all over and we can get back to dying from climate change.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2020, 07:16:37 by STEMO »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #454 on: 16 March 2020, 08:03:50 »

For all its faults, and there are many, Ryanair will be alright, as will EasyJet.

The folks I know working for EasyJet aren't so sure - and may well get the chop as well. Likewise British Airways has told its staff that they are likely to face 'mass redundancies' or words to that effect.

Change of tack for me today. I'm getting a bit fed up listening to the doomsayers,

Likewise, I'm rather tired of the endless stream of people in a position of power (doctors, government, etc etc) either saying or being quoted as saying "We're all going to die, the end is nigh, nothing we can do can stop this, you can get it more than once, there's no immunity" and so on and then in the same breath saying "Please don't panic buy, we have a robust supply chain" - you can't have it both ways, you retards. If we're all going to die, there will be no supply chain, so those who are left better have 'panic bought' or be good with weapons!

I'm also sick and tired of people turning the whole thing political with "This is proof that the Tories hate all the old/sick/disabled and want them all to die!", "Corbyn never would have let this happen!", or in two extreme cases that I saw; "All this working from home is PROOF that CORBYN was RIGHT about FREE INTERNET FOR ALL!" and, of course, "Italy has closed it's borders, I THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T DO THAT UNDER THE EU, BREXITEERS! SEE HOW WRONG YOU WERE!"

I'm tired of it all, as I suspect many others are.. and at this point I'm starting to think two things may turn out to be true:

The global economy will crash.
The economic crash and continuous stream of doom and gloom will 'kill' (indirectly - suicide, etc) more people than the virus will.

Sod free internet for all - just turn the oppsing thing off.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 16 March 2020, 08:32:44 »

I'm a lifelong antisocial old f@rt who rarely goes anywhere and don't get visitors,so maybe this will finally pay off ;D But the way I see it I will either get the virus or I won't,if I get it I'll either survive it or I won't.At least it'll be quicker than cancer/Alzheimers/other such things and something will eventually stop the clock.Family history back to[and including]grandparents would suggest I'm getting near the top of the tree as far as longevity is concerned.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 16 March 2020, 09:34:08 »

It's all the armchair generals like Piers Morgan that are seriously pissing me off!  >:(  He should be locked up for scaremongering, inducing hysteria or some such thing.  ::)

If people actually bother to look at the statistics we're actually doing quite well here compared to our continental neighbours as we all recorded our first cases at roughly the same time.  :y

Not that you'd believe it if you listen to the online hate mob who seem to have switched their hysteria from BREXIT to the virus, where #torygenecide was trending on Twitter yesterday.  ::)  self-abusers!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 16 March 2020, 10:08:49 »

I think Boris's first ever attempt to be statesman like, and support sensible advice presented by experts has backfired. We all know he is proven to be incapable of telling any sort of truth, so immediately assume that 11 out of 10 people will die within 12 nano-seconds of coming close to anyone who can spell coronavirus.

If he had proposed building a factory(on a bridge) to make special NBC suits designed to look like clowns, to be worn by virus hunters who would spray your house through the letter box from a tank mounted on a union flag painted new London bus flanked by Boris bike outriders we would have decided that perhaps it would be better to stay at home during the March sniffles, and to get the kids to phone Granny instead of driving 20 miles to visit her. It's a bit inconvenient, we would say but did you see that oppswit Boris's plan?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 16 March 2020, 14:27:29 »

Here's a conspiracy theory for you all..
 The virus was engineered by the cunning Chinese, to create a global slump, so they could buy up all the shares of every company, and rule THE WORLD... Just a thought, Hell of a James Bond plot,,, sorry Mrs broccoli it's my idea, pay me £1millons please,or a percentage of the films takings..
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 16 March 2020, 14:51:08 »

The virus was engineered by the cunning Chinese, to create a global slump, so they could buy up all the shares of every company, and rule THE WORLD... Just a thought, Hell of a James Bond plot,,, sorry Mrs broccoli it's my idea, pay me £1millons please,or a percentage of the films takings..

My sources tell me the culprit is North Korea. :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 16 March 2020, 14:54:06 »

My sources tell me the culprit is North Korea. :)

Would we get that sex goddess Rita jack a Patti, to play along side TB as 007 and a bit. DG as Q, and miss zoom as Moneypenny ....  ;)
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 16 March 2020, 15:37:25 »

It's all the armchair generals like Piers Morgan that are seriously pissing me off!  >:(  He should be locked up for scaremongering, inducing hysteria or some such thing::)

If people actually bother to look at the statistics we're actually doing quite well here compared to our continental neighbours as we all recorded our first cases at roughly the same time.  :y

Not that you'd believe it if you listen to the online hate mob who seem to have switched their hysteria from BREXIT to the virus, where #torygenecide was trending on Twitter yesterday.  ::)  self-abusers!  >:(

He should be locked up for being a c**t. Maybe he could share a cell with the arsehole known as Jeremy Kyle. :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 16 March 2020, 16:00:04 »

And the Americans are panic buying.........guns!

STEMO

« Reply #463 on: 16 March 2020, 16:07:18 »

And the Americans are panic buying.........guns!
Of course, gotta get ready for the zombie apocalypse.  ;D

Toilet roll shortage at Walgreens, yanks shooting each other in the aisles. I'd watch the news for that.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #464 on: 16 March 2020, 16:11:37 »

If this truly is the End Of Days as Rods predicts, hoarding food etc won't do you any good.. hoarding guns, on the other hand, does let you protect your family.

No point investing in gold right now.. copper jacketed lead, on the other hand..
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.