Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Sky Mobile Customers will Unlimited Data for Free from the 15th June  (Read 1681 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

Good News if your a Sky Mobile Customer starting from Saturday 15th June you will get Free, yes Free, Unlimited Mobile Data to use as you wish and as much as you want, irrespective or which Tariff or Plan you are on.

Enjoy and dont crash the Network

Could this be the start of something big, will the other Networks be forced to follow suit or at least start giving big chunks of Data away?  :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Bad News if your a Sky Mobile Customer starting from Monday 17th June you will not get any more Free, yes no more Free, Unlimited Mobile Data to use as you wish and as much as you want, irrespective or which Tariff or Plan you were on, as it will now be revoked and your be back on your original Data Plan.  :'(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile

In other Sky mobile news, it hit 1 million customers, so can't be doing too badly!

STEMO

In other Sky mobile news, it hit 1 million customers, so can't be doing too badly!
They ring me about three times a week. I don't know which part of 'I'm in contract with someone else' they don't understand. BT are the same.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

That's pretty poor, even for an MVNO...
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Its not too bad, wait till Sky take over the BBC, I doubt if they will get a Million TV Licence paying Subscribers.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile

It’s fastest growing MVNO in UK, with better uptake on launch than any other, including BT. Not sure how you can class that as poor, but then we are anti Sky here.

But most importantly, I got free cookies when they hit 1mil.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

It’s fastest growing MVNO in UK, with better uptake on launch than any other, including BT. Not sure how you can class that as poor,
Its the newest, and being pushed hard both in general advertising, and especially to existing Sky customers. And its certainly not the fastest uptake ever in the UK ;)

but then we are anti Sky here.
Just because I don't think Sky offer value for money for the sort of stuff that I want to watch, that doesn't not make me anti Sky.  I do feel Sky seriously need to kerb their pricing (on the TV/Streaming side - the Broadband/Mobile stuff is reasonably competitive considering the regulation hoops Sky (as one of the main 5) have to jump through).

I actually quite like Sky, because I think the pay TV market needs some serious competition, to get away from the trailer trash programmes being made by the "free" channels, who's premier programmes are all depressing soaps or reality dross.  And pay TV is the future.

But most importantly, I got free cookies when they hit 1mil.  :)
I'm surprised your new owners haven't started to stop that, in order to reduce costs and make Sky competitive.
Grumpy old man

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile

I must be some kind of rarity/dinosaur.

I don't pay for any subscription viewing as nothing is that important to me. I have SIM only mobile, and never get anywhere near the very modest data limit. My life is quite simple.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile

I must be some kind of rarity/dinosaur.

I don't pay for any subscription viewing as nothing is that important to me. I have SIM only mobile, and never get anywhere near the very modest data limit. My life is quite simple.

No you are not as there are a lot of us who have better things to do than sit in front of a TV trying to justify spending £50 a month for some subscription service when you can have Freeview Play to satisfy simple viewing needs.

I would add I do know what those 'services' offer as I / we, my past young family, tried out all that in a bid to get 'entertainment', if that is what they call it!! ;D ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Last time I paid for Sky was back in the 80,s when you had to have a separate VideoCrypt Box hanging off the back of the Sat Reciever so you could plug a Smart Card into it. Actually, thinking about it I didnt pay for it as I had some dodgy PCB Card uged into it.

I get Prime Video and NowTV Entertainment thrown in for free as part of my Vodafone Contract, which I never really watch, TBH I dont know how Vodafone can do ig for Free as It only cost me 9 quid a month, and I get ulmtd, ulmtd and 20gb of Data throw in for that as Im guessing they have to pay Sky and Amazon something.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2019, 17:26:16 by zirk »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.