Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated Seat & Rear Blind  (Read 717 times)

Malachi

• Crawley, West Sussex
    • View Profile
Heated Seat & Rear Blind
« on: 06 December 2007, 14:20:35 »

Hi,

New to the forum so go gentle!

Anyway just got myself a 1999 2.5 V6 auto elite.

Luckily only two small problems and I would really like to fix them if possible.

First one is that the driver's heated leather seat is not working so if any one could give me a checklist of what to look over and *fingers crossed* how to fix. Also bear in mind I'm not a mechanic!

The second one is the rear blind takes a couple of times to work properly, more of an intermittant fault really but again any help would be much appreciated.

Also I still have my old car a 2.5 V6 Auto CDX - the reason why I replaced it was the autogearbox stopped working - I am hoping to sell it on as it has a years MOT - any possible fix's I can do with it?

Just a thought - my old CDX has heated cloth seats, will I be able to transfer any of the parts of required over to my new Elite?

Many Thanks

Malachi
« Last Edit: 06 December 2007, 14:37:27 by Malachi »

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
Re: Heated Seat & Rear Blind
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2007, 16:05:09 »

Rear blinds are prone to the gears stripping in the motor housing thus probs with it. The heated seats are another common prob, and usually it is the heater pad that has failed. The leather seats have the pad stitched into the leather seat squb and as far as i am aware you have to replace the leather as well.The cloth interior you can replace the heater pad seperatly i think.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
Re: Heated Seat & Rear Blind
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2007, 16:15:43 »

Rear blinds are prone to the gears stripping in the motor housing thus probs with it. The heated seats are another common prob, and usually it is the heater pad that has failed. The leather seats have the pad stitched into the leather seat squb and as far as i am aware you have to replace the leather as well.The cloth interior you can replace the heater pad seperatly i think.
I agree.
The only bit to add is sometimes you can see where the element has burnt and that can be bridged.
Alternatively some people place a cloth seat heatpad directly under the leather stiched one and wire that one up instead, works just takes a couple of seconds longer for the heat to come through.
HTH.
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.