Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega electric seat woe  (Read 1576 times)

Andy4321

• View Profile
Omega electric seat woe
« on: 13 October 2006, 10:48:31 »

Hi there

I have an omega 3.0 v6 (ex police). Help I am desperate, I bought a leather inter for the omega (6 months ago) and then found out the chase connector did not mach the seat and was infarct the exact same as the passenger side one! Not a big deal I thought so I phoned my local dealer and asked them for a driver side seat control unit with out memory functions they were totally unable to help and said I would need a part number to get the control unit or an opel dealer no way I thought so I bought a part catalogue on ebay that did not have it in desperation I phoned all the dealers in 70 mille radius and contacted all the breakers I could find on the internet. Can you help me, as my German is not up to the task!

Yours desperately in need of help!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega electric seat woe
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2006, 11:52:22 »

Hi there

I have an omega 3.0 v6 (ex police). Help I am desperate, I bought a leather inter for the omega (6 months ago) and then found out the chase connector did not mach the seat and was infarct the exact same as the passenger side one! Not a big deal I thought so I phoned my local dealer and asked them for a driver side seat control unit with out memory functions they were totally unable to help and said I would need a part number to get the control unit or an opel dealer no way I thought so I bought a part catalogue on ebay that did not have it in desperation I phoned all the dealers in 70 mille radius and contacted all the breakers I could find on the internet. Can you help me, as my German is not up to the task!

Yours desperately in need of help!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

So you have a leather interior to be fitted but the original wiring in place is for standard seats with up/down mechanism.

Am I right to think the leather has the memory but you dont have the connecting piece of loom that plugs into the control box.

Even if you dont have the loom its possible to extend the cables and split/route and connect to the box direct should think doing it this way you would need some small flat connectors but should work.

If you have the loom then just cut the original connector off and match up the live and earth feeds then plug and play I managed to do mine using a nylon block connector.

Here is the thread I started when I came to fit my seats.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1154467767

Wiring Diagram included courtesy of Andy8

HTH
« Last Edit: 13 October 2006, 12:06:00 by nixoro »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.