Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo of dash with HU removed  (Read 2243 times)

powerslinky

Photo of dash with HU removed
« on: 31 December 2017, 14:10:51 »

hi guys
            need a bit of help here  . . . would like to see a photo of whats the "hole" looks like with the HU removed  & also what the wiring connectors should be .

Have fitted my replacement CCR2006 . . .without a cage at the moment  . . . there seems to be a lot of wiring connectors & not a lot of room to put them behind the new HU.

Seems to be 2 looms  . . .one has thinner wires than the other .   the new unit is working fine including steering wheel controls  . . .just wondering if I need to remove anything else .

A photo of what should be there for steering asteering  wheel controlled CCR2006 would help me greatly 

Tried having a search  . .but nothing found   . . . need Rob G   ;) ;) ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Photo of dash with HU removed
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2017, 14:46:07 »

Not sure what you mean, but a CCR2006 has 2 lots of connectors - the big 36way block (made up as 3 smaller blocks, but are molded together) and the aerial.

Both these "clip" into the GM cage.

NCDC units have an additional plug for GPS, CCRT have another for GSM.
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2017, 17:12:54 »

Not sure what you mean, but a CCR2006 has 2 lots of connectors - the big 36way block (made up as 3 smaller blocks, but are molded together) and the aerial.

Both these "clip" into the GM cage.

NCDC units have an additional plug for GPS, CCRT have another for GSM.

TB  This car came without a HU or cage & I fitted the Sony MD as it was available from the shed stock.   Along with the sony I have removed the additional Halfords conversion wiring loom connectors.   
The  first GM connectors Grey in colour & right  at the back of the opening near to where the single screw for the cage fixing goes, these connect to another block which allows the loom to extend out as far as the gear lever.  I have tried it with just the grey connectors into the back of the CCr2006 , all works except steering wheel controls . These grey connectors in 3 sections joined together fill all connecting orifices on the HU

Hoping to get a picture of what it should look like when just  the HU has been pulled & cage & connectors left in place.

Another way to confirm what I am trying to find  is : what colour block connectors should actually fit into the HU ?

As you can tell from this explanation  . . electrics /wiring not on my CV  :-[ :-[

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2017, 18:42:56 »

IIRC, different HUs have different looms with different color multi blocks...

Do you know what HU was originally fitted? Car Pass should say.

Might be that the steering wheel controls use different pins :-\

Think the factory HUs have a pin out guide stuck to them, so should be easy enough to work out what's what ;)

powerslinky

« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2017, 18:56:35 »

IIRC, different HUs have different looms with different color multi blocks...

Do you know what HU was originally fitted? Car Pass should say.

Might be that the steering wheel controls use different pins :-\

Think the factory HUs have a pin out guide stuck to them, so should be easy enough to work out what's what ;)

I have the "new" CCR2006 all working . . . there just seems a lot of wiring & connecting blocks to sit in behind it . I think the extra loom is the steering wheel controls. As is without the cage can just about get the HU back flush to front of consol.  I seem to recall when removing HU's from previous omegas, & TB's  comments earlier seem to confirm this, that the connection block/s are fixed to the cage on the left side when you peer into the "hole ".

Sadly have no car pass so don't know if was a 2005 or 2006 fitted originally.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2017, 19:11:18 »

Shouldn't have any extra 'sub looms' unless trafficmaster has been fitted. In a facelift there is a limited amount of space available on the R/H side of the headunit if Trafficmaster sub loom fitted.

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2017, 19:39:29 »

Any aftermarket phone gubbins? Shame re Car Pass as that would have answered most of the questions...

powerslinky

« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2017, 19:50:33 »

Shouldn't have any extra 'sub looms' unless trafficmaster has been fitted. In a facelift there is a limited amount of space available on the R/H side of the headunit if Trafficmaster sub loom fitted.

Andy   bit of a cheek this  . .but  . .if I take a couple of pics tomorrow  . .could I e mail them you & you post them up for me , so all can see what we are looking at ?
Just off out now  . .so no further response tonight  ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2017, 23:34:54 »

Yep no problem

powerslinky

« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2018, 11:40:06 »

Ok    have had a play around this morning with HU installation .

Although I know this is not how it should be . . I have managed to get the wiring & connectors stowed away neatly at the rear & firmly fixed the  HU in place nice & flush as to were it should be . Using the removal tools still allows it to be taken out if required. So I think I will just leave it like this as everything is working , including steering wheel controls, as it should be .
Thanks to those who replied & gave advice 
Regards, Al  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2018, 15:19:26 »

Worth pulling HU out of cage, and lightly lubricating cage with a dry lube such was nylon curtain rail lube.  This reduces the effort needed to remove it later, when it sticks to the cage.

As VXL says, no extension looms needed, inc TM (as that's been shut down years ago :()
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.