Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uniroyal  (Read 1612 times)

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
uniroyal
« on: 16 January 2016, 14:34:42 »

Has anyone used uniroyal rain sport 3 and are they any good thanks :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: uniroyal
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2016, 14:45:15 »

Has anyone used uniroyal rain sport 3 and are they any good thanks :y

I have considered these.

Most people seem to report good value........excellent wet grip.....but poor mileage.

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2016, 14:50:59 »

thanks for the reply just looking at tyres as I will need four ready for mot and have looked at a few different makes but can't make my mind up. I have khumo's on at the moment and may have to go back to them but they are a little noisy :y

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2016, 16:00:24 »

:y

Got them on mine and no complaints. 

Grip seems good, and sticks to road well;)

Decent 4 Wheel Geometry Set up helps, but I have pushed the tyres in the Dry and Wet and no dramas.

I would not hesitate fitting them again.

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2016, 16:10:00 »

:y :ythanks

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2016, 18:22:51 »

Had a previous incarnation of them on my old E34. Brilliant tyre, good grip levels, and very progressive breakaway.
 In tandrm with the E34 chassis, a brilliant setup for doig laps of wet roundabouts... ;)
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2016, 18:48:13 »

I recently put 4 on my Smart Roadster ..... great tyre

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2016, 19:42:37 »

I've got a set of Uniroyal 380 (The Rain Tyre) on a classic Triumph. I think they are good, have good grip and have stood the of time, and don't break the bank. Mind you I dont drive it quite the same as the Omega, but even so, I would recommend them.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2016, 19:44:50 »

looks like uniroyal then thanks for all the replys :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 January 2016, 19:46:47 »

I was going to fit a set but my usual tyre dealer struggled to get them in 235/45/17 size.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2016, 20:17:58 »

My Tyres can supply the Rain Sport 3 Uniroyal in 235 45 17 at £61, or £67 for XL (extra load). The only observation I have is that they appear to be directional, and I'm not a great fan of directional tyres.
I don't know what size you need, but I have also used Hankook tyres, which I think are quite good in the medium price segment - not the longest wearing, as they have good grip because of their softer compound, but as Audi fitted them to certain models (the A3 etc) as original fitment, they can't be all that bad.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2016, 21:38:44 »

My Tyres can supply the Rain Sport 3 Uniroyal in 235 45 17 at £61, or £67 for XL (extra load). The only observation I have is that they appear to be directional, and I'm not a great fan of directional tyres.
I don't know what size you need, but I have also used Hankook tyres, which I think are quite good in the medium price segment - not the longest wearing, as they have good grip because of their softer compound, but as Audi fitted them to certain models (the A3 etc) as original fitment, they can't be all that bad.

By "Directional" you mean ????

I only ask as on my Rain Sport 3 Uniroyal's there is an "Outside" clearly marked on one side of the tyre walls. 

Depending therefore if fitted to N/S or O/S the tyre rotates either way  :D, unless I am missing something with the Directional element the tyre clearly goes in either direction ?

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 17 January 2016, 07:00:43 »

I only ask as on my Rain Sport 3 Uniroyal's there is an "Outside" clearly marked on one side of the tyre walls. 

Depending therefore if fitted to N/S or O/S the tyre rotates either way  :D, unless I am missing something with the Directional element the tyre clearly goes in either direction ?

Have fun  :)

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=133958.0

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 January 2016, 09:32:19 »

Have fun  :)

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=133958.0

I tend to avoid the rain as gets the old girl mucky  ;D, and only do 1000mls a year  :y

Luckily, my Uniroyals are the right way around, acording to manufacture site (I was not doubting the Garage who fitted them).

Interested blurb on the "Sharkskin" http://www.uniroyal-tyres.com/www/uniroyal_tires_de_en/themes/summertires/fd_rainsport-3/rainsport-3.html
« Last Edit: 17 January 2016, 09:43:10 by DrAndyB »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.