tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Brakes
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2018, 11:57:52 »

And yes, i'll push it through until clean  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2018, 20:16:54 »

As I understand it, you work your way back to the master from the furthest point ;)

Is that on a 3 or 4 channel ABS system?   ::)

it's on everything. Twice around the car is normally enough to get a decent pedal after fitting a new master cylinder or most of the brake pipes.

I just remember Haynes giving two orders of bleeding depending on age. I could never really see a reason why.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2018, 22:06:23 »

Before ABS, when I could actually get under a car, the general rule was to start with the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder, then the next furthest - and so on. I understand that it uses the least amount of brake fluid and effort - yes?

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2018, 10:00:19 »

Before ABS, when I could actually get under a car, the general rule was to start with the wheel furthest away from the master cylinder, then the next furthest - and so on. I understand that it uses the least amount of brake fluid and effort - yes?

Ron.
ABS makes no difference. You just need to watch you don't get air in the ABS unit.

Also, those with tech2, partway through bleeding, run return pump, just to get that bit of old fluid into the main system...  ...though that's probably in the realms of anal  :-[
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2018, 14:17:13 »

Ron.
ABS makes no difference. You just need to watch you don't get air in the ABS unit.

Also, those with tech2, partway through bleeding, run return pump, just to get that bit of old fluid into the main system...  ...though that's probably in the realms of anal  :-[

.. unless your return pump is "regularly exercised" anyway, of course. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2018, 17:54:49 »

Ron.

.. unless your return pump is "regularly exercised" anyway, of course. :-X
Which obviously mine never would, being the model citizen ::)
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2018, 09:07:33 »

Which obviously mine never would, being the model citizen ::)

Every time I drive around MK (which I did last night - peeled off the M1 at the A421 and skirted around MK to avoid the accident on the motorway) I think about you and your driving.. and the fact that everyone seems to drive around MK like it's some kind of race track with roundabouts ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2018, 18:37:17 »

and the fact that everyone seems to drive around MK like it's some kind of race track with roundabouts ;D
My experience is that Keynees drive excruciatingly slow, and immediately get in the outside lane on the offchance they might need to turn right in 25 roundabouts' time.

But, then, a significant number of Keynees don't have a licence, and some have never had one.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.