Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Comparing other Forums with 00F - Id like to congratulate O0F  (Read 3436 times)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile

Wife is interested in swapping her Manual Nissan PUKE for an Auto, due to shoulder injury.

One of the cars on her list is the OLD A Class A200 Turbo CVT auto Circa about 2006 ish

Anyway I thought I'd look for a forum to see if there was any information of use that might help us.

Found this:

https://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/#classic-class-w168-w169-models-1997-2011

It's crap. People ask questions. NOBODY replies

makes me want to thank all at OOF for helping me out so much over the past 3 years (and into the future)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

The forum is truly excellent. As for the A-class, I'd post any questions right here, I suspect Mr Gollum will have more answers than you'll find on the entirely of that forum!  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

If Carlsberg did car forums!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile

If Carlsberg did car forums!  :y

To be fair there are 3 car other websites that have helped me.

www.mk2cav.com - previous serial owner of various mk2 cavaliers (4 over the years) but not active been since 2009
www.autoshite.com - the most eclectic website, where my questions about the Juke, a Bini and an MX5 have always been answered.
www.mx5nutz.com - I haven't been there for some time, and occasionally I'm confused by the extremes of some engineering, because our MX5 is poverty spec and standard.

but 0oF has the greatest in depth information, and has saved my omega from me giving up and getting something less sensible.  (even if my namby pamby liberal left remainer politics are slightly out of step - lol)

Note I've added 50K miles since 1st Oct 2016 to it's mileage.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

I too enjoy spending time and posting various shite on Autoshite. I also find the ban on politics there refreshing. Ive got OOF for that.  :D ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile

As per a thread I started about a Volvo C30 on here, I want to offer a Volvo-to-Vauxhall comparison. There is a section of the Volvo Owners Forum which deals with the C30... it has three pages of threads...two threads posted so far this year, I think four were posted in 2018, and all those three pages span from 2008 to the present!

Not a massively buoyant forum, it has to be said! So in comparison great to see there's such enthusiasm/ passion/ camaraderie/ nothing else better to do on here  8)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

The Merc forum AA & I use https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php  isn't bad, but most answers to faults is  ... go to a local indie & get the codes read. I follow the thinking but surely there could be a bit more of try this or that before you have to open your wallet

STEMO

People just don't fettle like they used to.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile

And in the same breath complain about rip off mechanics and ludicrous hourly rates... whilst unwilling to use the most incredible tool at everyone's disposal (the internet) and frequently basic or free tips to fix minor problems.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile

.... and frequently basic or free tips to fix minor problems.

but that's just it, the usual call is to take it to an independent or dealer to get the codes read. And while that's correct, here on this forum, people will usually suggest a fix based on their previous experience.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile

The Merc forum AA & I use https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php  isn't bad, but most answers to faults is  ... go to a local indie & get the codes read. I follow the thinking but surely there could be a bit more of try this or that before you have to open your wallet

To be fair to them, the Merc forum covers too many models in the Merc range.
I like red cars

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile

To be fair to them, the Merc forum covers too many models in the Merc range.

True, but the recent engines are shared in quite a few cars.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile

The Jag Info forum is crap. No product knowledge mated to a  humourless sterile environment. "Take the car to an approved Jagaur dealer" is their only mantra.

They initially banned me for a week for apparently for not being PC enough.

They then banned me for life a couple of weeks later, adding that I was also a sexist misogynist who had no place in the 21st century.

Most seem to have a stick up their arse. ::)

OOF is far superior.......even with STMO. :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

OOF is probably superior for JLR products anyway  ;D ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile

adding that I was also a sexist misogynist who had no place in the 21st century.

... and their point was what?  ::) ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.