Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Operation reverse c0ck up (literally)  (Read 4115 times)

meegaveesix

• Basingstoke, Hampshire
    • View Profile
Re: Operation reverse c0ck up (literally)
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2007, 10:06:33 »

Spent a small fortune on paint yesterday, if I didn't have a Halfords trade card, I don't know where I'd be.  Also got some fine surface filler as the Isopon filler is difficult to use when you get down to small dints and cracks.

Hopefully I'll make some headway this week as I've not touched it for a week now.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2007, 10:17:15 »

Spent a small fortune on paint yesterday, if I didn't have a Halfords trade card, I don't know where I'd be.  Also got some fine surface filler as the Isopon filler is difficult to use when you get down to small dints and cracks.

Hopefully I'll make some headway this week as I've not touched it for a week now.

Best ol luck, it's looking good so far :y
I like red cars

meegaveesix

• Basingstoke, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2007, 07:55:10 »

Its sprayed!

Image of the first coat of lacquer.  Have since added a further 2 coats which were much heaver. left to bake in the afternoon sun and then cut back with 1500 grit paper, rubbing compund, T-Cut and then a good polish.

The result (if I do say so myself) I am extremely happy with.  The colour match and even the depth matches that of the boot lid, there are no ripples in the paint and its as smooth as a baby's bum.

I'd like to say thanks at this point to Auto Addict for the aerosol how to, without which I would have taken my usual approach and probably screwed it up.  It does work, especially if you stick to the process.  I'm going to T-Cut and polish the rest of the car today and I'll get some better pictures up when its all finished so it can be admired in all its glory!

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 June 2007, 15:29:34 »

i havn't got the patience for jobs like that, i tend to rush each proceedure and it ends up looking like a huge painted rust spot!!
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

miggy

« Reply #19 on: 03 June 2007, 16:51:34 »

Its sprayed!

Image of the first coat of lacquer.  Have since added a further 2 coats which were much heaver. left to bake in the afternoon sun and then cut back with 1500 grit paper, rubbing compund, T-Cut and then a good polish.

The result (if I do say so myself) I am extremely happy with.  The colour match and even the depth matches that of the boot lid, there are no ripples in the paint and its as smooth as a baby's bum.

I'd like to say thanks at this point to Auto Addict for the aerosol how to, without which I would have taken my usual approach and probably screwed it up.  It does work, especially if you stick to the process.  I'm going to T-Cut and polish the rest of the car today and I'll get some better pictures up when its all finished so it can be admired in all its glory!

Top job, and that was from aerosols, brill.

:y :y

meegaveesix

• Basingstoke, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 June 2007, 18:05:18 »

The finished article.....

Made the mistake of trying to compound and polish in what I thought was morning sun - but my sunburn and the paintwork says different, so its a little misty.  Will levae it to go hard for the week seeing as I'm away and hopefully I can cut it back again when I come home.

Spent the rest of the day cleaning and polishing the bodywork, and its come up really nicely.  There's something about black Omegas that just make them look right.  Anyway enough of my rambling, some pictures to show my hard work:

And the offside rear to show as a comparison:

Cleaned the leather inside today as well using some stuff I bought from work, amazing stuff and it bought it up a charm.

Next on the agenda is to sort the driver's seat out, otherwise its nearly there!

geoff

• thornaby,stockton on tees
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 June 2007, 21:59:26 »

looks great ,good job :y :y :y
i painted my passenger side back door a couple of weeks a go,looks like the same colour as mine,is it black diamond metallic,mine matched perfect,and they do look sexy in black,nice job m8 :y

meegaveesix

• Basingstoke, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 June 2007, 06:55:16 »

It is diamond black, well spotted  :y

The paint (from Halfords) is a surprisingly good match, so I'm quite happy with the result.  I'm glad I decided to respray the whole wing rather than just the affected area (which is what I would have historically done).

geoff

• thornaby,stockton on tees
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 June 2007, 07:03:41 »

It is diamond black, well spotted  :y

The paint (from Halfords) is a surprisingly good match, so I'm quite happy with the result.  I'm glad I decided to respray the whole wing rather than just the affected area (which is what I would have historically done).
when i did door i did just areas with base colour and laquered the full door.but sometimes is best too do full panel,i'm pretty confident in spraying as i use too do it for a living,again spot on job m8 :y :y :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #24 on: 04 June 2007, 20:17:34 »

Looking a lot better now :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.