Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: I`m hereby name  (Read 3120 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
I`m hereby name
« on: 27 July 2016, 23:22:45 »

Portsmouth Water Co. idiots & their contractor incompetent aholes.
Came back home this evening to find the pavement outside my gaff dug up & debris everywhere.
Portsmouth Water sent out their contractor to install a water meter for my neighbour.
Only we got the water meter cos the little metal lids on the pavement  are next to each other.
Their contractor couln`t be arsed to determine which supply fed our place & visa versa.
Oh they sort of only half turned the stop cock back on, result being  we had no water pressure to speak of  >:(
Finally got someone to turn up at 9pm & fiddle around with the stop cock & he seemed more annoyed then I was  ::) little wee fella he was, with a very red face  ??? apparently he spends most evenings runnig around the area sorting out shite caused by A bodgit & son.
Can`t wait for the clowns to turn up in the morning & try to finish the job.  ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: I`m hereby name
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2016, 09:13:56 »

Well? Have the clowns turned up to finish the job?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2016, 09:37:12 »

Why do these companies employ complete idiots ? A couple of years back we had to have new gas & electric meters  installed which are located in the garage, a young lad turned up in a lorry and promptly reversed into the lamp post outside my house leaving all kinds of cables exposed . This saga lasted most of the day & well into late evening along with danger signs cones & flashing lights ! Turned out it was the young fellows 2nd day on the job & not used to driving large vehicles!!

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2016, 09:47:36 »

When they replaced all the gas pipework down my old road they naturally dug a lot of holes, many right next to the water meters.

They then promptly tarmaced over my neighbours water meter when filling in their holes  ::) I pointed this out and was told it wasn't connected to anything and not to worry about it..

About a year later the water board turned up wondering why they couldn't find it.. fortunately I was there to tell them what had happened and where the meter used to be so they didn't dig lots of "test" holes!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2016, 10:45:03 »

They walk among us. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2016, 11:23:48 »

whilst the topic is about incompetent contractors. when I had virgin media installed I was allowed an extra point, so I opted for it to be in the dining room which I used to do my accounts. from the living room it meant the cable running in a straight line & through the wall as low as possible. when I came home I was gobsmacked at what he,d done. there was a cable running loosely up the living room wall about 4ft high & in the centre of the wall. his excuse was there was furniture in his way. a small table with a photo on it.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2016, 11:25:56 »

They walk among us. ::)

....and breed unfortunately! >:(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2016, 11:31:52 »

One of my tenants wanted Sky, OK I said, and made sure I oversaw the fitting, nice neat job, under the suspended floor (I got under to access) and into the living room. Fast forward to next tenant but one, Sky no longer connected.
'I want Sky' Ok the cable is still there, just not connected. I phoned Sky and told them. So new cable fitted, up the outside wall, over the roof, down the other side, in through the kitchen to externally connect to the old point!!!
You couldn't make it up.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2016, 11:47:18 »

May have been a legitimate reason to use a new cable... Tech specs for one, but agree re routing...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2016, 11:51:04 »

May have been a legitimate reason to use a new cable... Tech specs for one, but agree re routing...

Nothings changed on sky cable specs since the turn of the millenium

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2016, 11:55:26 »

Fair dos, mere playing Devils advocate  :)

Same criticism could also be used to people who rant whilst not proof reading predictive text...  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2016, 12:21:31 »

Contractors Bodgeit and Scarper are everywhere.

My mother had a flood so a 'professional electrician' were required to change several downstairs light switches. Simple enough job. ::) ::) ::) The electrician was supplied by the insurance company.

The guy used what I can only describe as immersion heater switches, complete with a little red light. He then covered the little red light with sticky tape. Hardly professional.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 July 2016, 23:43:36 »

Well? Have the clowns turned up to finish the job?

Yep, not a bad job from Bodgits tarmac dept  :y despite the fact that the little wee blokey from PWC had sprayed the house numbers next to the respective lids yesterday evening.
It`s my neighbour at number 6 that wants the water meter

I`d gone by the time they had turned up at midday, Swmbo tried to reason with them; "it was all futile & will all need digging up again". In her words "the young Polish boy wouldn`t make eye contact with me". She said "Pleeeeeease don`t fill it all in again". Then the Polish boy wanted to know the name of the  pretty girl looking out of the window (Swmbo`s niece is staying with us for a time). The love struck clot then started singing a Polish love song as he went about his labours. By all accounts both females were hand-in-hand listening to his dolcit tones :-X & the baffoon turned up again later this evening with a bunch of flowers for young Miss blondie.
I invited him, a very nice young man smartly dressed & reeking of cologne handed me a bunch of flowers & asked to meet the love of his life again.
 I took the flowers & threw him out, but not before his face almost cracked with the biggest smile cos he`d spotted blondie thru the patio doors who gave him a little wave  :-* It`s a certainty that boyo will be on site when they dig it all up again  ::)

« Last Edit: 28 July 2016, 23:48:13 by 78bex »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 July 2016, 23:54:28 »

I developed a headache trying to read that lot :o

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2016, 00:05:38 »

I developed a headache trying to read that lot :o

;D ;D This is just the start of a long running saga.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29 July 2016, 09:26:36 »

Leave the poor sod alone! Haha, that's a really sweet story, flowers, singing a love song, what more do you want? Him to turn up riding a white horse, wearing a suit of armour?  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 July 2016, 09:40:22 »

I can't wait to hear how the candlelit dinner for two pans out.

.. With 78bex standing by with the shotgun. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #17 on: 29 July 2016, 10:00:50 »

Leave the poor sod alone! Haha, that's a really sweet story, flowers, singing a love song, what more do you want? Him to turn up riding a white horse, wearing a suit of armour?  :D

More than two braincells to rub together, if it were my niece.. ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18 on: 29 July 2016, 13:16:37 »

Probably wouldn't be interested in her if it wasn't for Brexit😂😂😂
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.