Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaguar Solihull to close for two weeks.  (Read 3152 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Jaguar Solihull to close for two weeks.
« Reply #15 on: 08 October 2018, 22:17:23 »

It's a delayed result of stopping production of the much maligned/loved Defender.  :)
Nope

Land Rover's current lineup is abysmal IMO as all the models are basically clones of each other and all you get to choose is the size of vehicle.  :-\
Yes, like the rest of the manufacturing industry, there is a desire to have a Russian doll line up
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 October 2018, 22:24:55 »

It's a delayed result of stopping production of the much maligned/loved Defender.  :)

Land Rover's current lineup is abysmal IMO as all the models are basically clones of each other and all you get to choose is the size of vehicle.  :-\

Yes, the Defender was such a big seller...

And every manufacturer is doing the clone thing; can you distinguish a Polo from a Golf, or a Focus from a Fiesta?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 October 2018, 22:28:29 »

Nope

Yes, like the rest of the manufacturing industry, there is a desire to have a Russian doll line up

The Defender comment was tongue in cheek BTW, but the other comment I stand by.  I havn't seen that many Discovery 5's about.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2018, 00:49:35 »

1. The BOE has tightened money supply over the last 12 months and is continuing to do so, which has slowed UK growth. This is a bit puzzling and normally a response to high inflation, but this is not currently excessive and falling. The only other explanations are political with Carney wanting lower growth in 2018 / 19. I will leave it to you to decide why? One of the things they have targeted money restrictions on, and I agree with, is rapidly increasing debt with car leasing deals where they were growing at an excessive rate.

2. Gideon in his last budget raised new car tax and excise duties on the biggest most expensive car disproportionately and it is working, where this is the JLC sector, that is being hit the hardest. The revenue the government is making has also dropped where it is the wrong side of the Laffer curve.

3. Gideon also hit top end property and buy-to-let stamp duty were massively increased, so the number of sales have dropped significantly, so they are also the wrong side of the Laffer curve and are producing less government revenue.

4. Government and EU uncertainty on derv tractors means that people are quite rightly holding off from replacing their cars so they don't get left with an even more highly taxed, depreciating lemon.

5. UK tax burden is now also the highest for almost 40 years with rumours that Trotsky May and Spreadsheet Phil intend to raise them them still further in the forthcoming budget to fund the NHS budget expansion, social care and end austerity. Ending austerity at this stage in the political cycle with our massive excessive 79-80% of GDP £1.8tn of debt is IMO irresponsible madness. We are almost at the end of the current longer than normal economic cycle. If the next recession increases UK debt by as much as the last one it will add another 40-50% of GDP debt so we owe 120-130% of GDP which will put us in the league with other paragons of virtue European countries like Portugal, Italy and Greece. :o :o :o

All boring factual stuff I'm afraid, but don't let this get in the way of any entertaining fake news reasons. ::) ::) ::) Blame Brexit and you can join in with the other UK MSM propaganda organisations like the BBC which is totally unbiased. Anyone would think that they are about to lose their EU grants. :-X :-X :-X ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 October 2018, 08:59:15 »

China growth has slowed mainly due to import duties, this is supposed to be resolved in the coming months.

As for Brexit, yes its creating big issues and could be far bigger yet (I am currently reviewing what additional testing we would need to do across global countries as the EU standards approvals exemptions would disappear.

Jag is struggling as the global saloon car market has fallen off a cliff with the dash to SUVs, that said, there is hardly any built car stock around for JLR (thanks to some stunning staff deals recently).

Of course JLR also build in China and Switzerland currently

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2018, 09:00:12 »

Could be some exceptionally good deals on new derv cars. They need to shift them one way or another. :)

Thankfully JLR have some of the best petrol engines to, plus hybrid and electric so no.... ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 October 2018, 14:15:27 »

And Brazil. Though I don't think thats working out too well...
Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 October 2018, 21:27:57 »

And Brazil. Though I don't think thats working out too well...

The future will be bright in Brazil, if their about to be elected right wing dictator president make JLR the new Volkswagens. ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.