Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Highway Code rule 243  (Read 3901 times)

STEMO

Re: Highway Code rule 243
« Reply #15 on: 22 January 2020, 20:55:46 »

Sorry I couldn't get back to you straight away, Nigel, I was busy. I saw a youth drop an empty crisp packet outside my front door, so I went straight out to make a citizens arrest. He was too quick for me and made good his escape. I rang 999 and the police operator told me to pick the evidence up with a pair of the wife's tweezers (so as not to contaminate it), and put it into a freezer bag. CSI will be round as soon as they've finished with a murder case in Leeds and take it away for forensic examination.
They are hopeful of an arrest  :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2020, 21:03:32 »

Keep digging ... the hole just gets bigger ... or would you like the keys to the JCB ???    :)

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 22 January 2020, 21:05:10 »

Keep digging ... the hole just gets bigger ... or would you like the keys to the JCB ???    :)
I don't think it's me that's in a hole, old boy, most of us live in the real world.  ;)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 January 2020, 21:16:45 »

Did i read somewhere that after the magic date of the 9th of April this year, the local councils take control of parking from the police. If so, with the magic employment of thousands of street rangers,PCSO,s, street wardens, call them what you will, the streets will instantly be cleansed of illegal and anti social parking.  ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D .Please excuse my sarcasm as i,ve had a shite day. Wifey in hospital under the knife again. It seems never ending poor old gal. :'(

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 22 January 2020, 21:17:57 »

Did i read somewhere that after the magic date of the 9th of April this year, the local councils take control of parking from the police. If so, with the magic employment of thousands of street rangers,PCSO,s, street wardens, call them what you will, the streets will instantly be cleansed of illegal and anti social parking.  ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D .Please excuse my sarcasm as i,ve had a shite day. Wifey in hospital under the knife again. It seems never ending poor old gal. :'(
Sorry to hear that, Ronny  :(

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 22 January 2020, 21:18:42 »

About the wife, not the parking wardens.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 January 2020, 21:22:11 »

wishing her a speedy recovery  :y

so your back on the pot noodles then Mr ronnyd  :(

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 January 2020, 21:27:50 »

wishing her a speedy recovery  :y

so your back on the pot noodles then Mr ronnyd  :(

;D No Dave, had rest of last nights pizza when i got home and going round daughters tomorrow for a chicken roast. Hope SWMBO will be home on Friday though as the freezer,s getting empty.  ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 January 2020, 22:00:29 »

Hope she gets back to nagging you ASAP ;D :y
Laying a rubber road.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 January 2020, 22:16:41 »

not on a junction, but on a dual carriage way outside a local train station .... taxi drivers pick-up/drop-off outside the station & park in the nearside lane of 2
Reported to the council who reckon it's 'nothing to do with them' and report it to plod. Plod never even replied  ......  :-X

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 January 2020, 22:46:02 »

With all the cash generated from various vehicle taxes, fines, parking, etc you would think some fkr who knows what is needed to sort parking out before getting swathes of people / cars, would be employed to make it possible. If it ain’t there don’t draw the fu(ing crowds for fks sake.
Laying a rubber road.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 January 2020, 00:16:14 »

I live in the burbs & the parking my way is a nightmare  >:(
Next door,,, Mum has a car & so does Dad not forgetting  his van & eldest boy has the same.
Now their girl is learning & has a fiesta, her pink scooter is now just left on the pavement.

We`ve got 3 cars 3 bikes, a van &   the driveway is currently blocked by a caravan   ::) & that`s just 2 houses out of 20 in our road  ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 23 January 2020, 07:47:41 »

not on a junction, but on a dual carriage way outside a local train station .... taxi drivers pick-up/drop-off outside the station & park in the nearside lane of 2
Reported to the council who reckon it's 'nothing to do with them' and report it to plod. Plod never even replied  ......  :-X

They fixed that problem here.

The council made the inside lane a taxi rank and bus stop  :D ;D

Never mind parking, I hope you are all opening your drivers door using the Dutch Reach (that's not a sexual thing) as it will be added to the highway code this year.

New drivers also won't be allowed to drive at night - so presumably they will only be going to work between March and September.. ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 January 2020, 08:44:46 »

Nor should they be allowed to drive at night, unless they fit a pair of powerful lights on the front of their cars, so its similar to driving during the day...……
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 January 2020, 14:34:35 »

They fixed that problem here.

The council made the inside lane a taxi rank and bus stop  :D ;D

That's what p***'s me off. They double park in the nearside lane a car's length from the massive layby intended for picking up/dropping off.
I was once behind one city banker that thought it was OK to stop in the outside lane to drop off ...

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5741973,-2.4268398,3a,75y,53.85h,65.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLnt9OL2PPE5blRaVg98lUA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.