Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fingers crossed  (Read 3516 times)

2boxerdogs

Fingers crossed
« on: 04 May 2018, 21:11:40 »

Think we have at last a buyer for our house, also going to view one on Wednesday which ticks all the boxes including my main priority a double garage !!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Fingers crossed
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2018, 01:08:57 »

Think we have at last a buyer for our house, also going to view one on Wednesday which ticks all the boxes including my main priority a double garage !!

Fingers crossed for you .....  :y 

If I was to buy another house now, I'd take more notice of where north is. My house puts the back garden in shade from tea time   :(

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2018, 06:23:30 »

If I was to buy another house now, I'd take more notice of where north is. My house puts the back garden in shade from tea time   :(

Oh, do you get sunshine then up there ?    ;)

Our garden also in the shade in the evening, but ok duing the day

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2018, 07:41:39 »

I've always said if I were to buy a house I wouldn't be buying the house I'd be buying a humungous garage which just happened to have a house in the price :D Anyway good luck with the sale/purchase :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2018, 07:59:39 »

I knew when I bought mine, the house was south facing, thus the back garden was always going to get limited sun, esp in winter months.  But I did underestimate quite how cold that makes the back of the house in the winter, and the amount of green I have to wash off the patio every spring ;D

But due to the location, I'd still do the same again ::) - in fact my ideal house is 2 doors down - essentially same location, just with double garage.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2018, 08:37:34 »

Oh, do you get sunshine then up there ?    ;)

Our garden also in the shade in the evening, but ok duing the day

From time to time .....  ;)
It's very sunny here just now  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2018, 08:39:33 »

...... just with double garage.

As a spare or for twice the impact ...... ?  ::) ::)  ;)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2018, 12:00:06 »

The only thing, is I sold the Jeep to help with the purchase of the original house we wanted, the one we are going to view is £20,000 cheaper than the one we liked which has now sold so I need not have sold it, the upside is that I may be able to find another American vehicle if this works out.😎

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2018, 21:53:36 »

I knew when I bought mine, the house was south facing, thus the back garden was always going to get limited sun, esp in winter months.  But I did underestimate quite how cold that makes the back of the house in the winter, and the amount of green I have to wash off the patio every spring ;D

But due to the location, I'd still do the same again ::) - in fact my ideal house is 2 doors down - essentially same location, just with double garage.
Just a bit more to explode then. :D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2018, 02:54:18 »

Viewed the house it is just what we are looking for, needs about 12-15 thousand spent on it to bring it up to the standard we would like , have made an offer of eight thousand below the asking price for starters , see where we go from there ..

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2018, 13:15:59 »

Mine too :'(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2018, 15:41:16 »

Ours is north east facing so gets some sun first thing in the morning.

Means the back of the house is reasonably cool for most of the day which is nice and the patio is at the bottom of the garden and gets sun all day.

Single story extension means the area that used to never see the sun is pretty much used up.

Our first house was south facing which has its pros and cons, it did mean the kitchen and dining area was always stinking hot!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2018, 16:47:26 »

Heard from the agent this morning that the vendor will agree if we pay another £500  no problems with that we expected at least £3000 so the ball is in motion , few weeks of tribulation but we are away for several days now the missus has retired so just going to chill.Oh and by the way it's got a south facing garden.😎

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 May 2018, 18:49:38 »

Heard from the agent this morning that the vendor will agree if we pay another £500  no problems with that we expected at least £3000 so the ball is in motion , few weeks of tribulation but we are away for several days now the missus has retired so just going to chill.Oh and by the way it's got a south facing garden.😎
Congrats, and hope the rest goes through smoothly :y
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2018, 20:24:20 »

+1 :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.